That just right guitar-amp moment

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    impmann said:
    PRS into Okko Diablo into Hot Rod Deluxe
    Wasn’t expecting prs to be on your list of hitters buddy. An interesting choice. 
    Recent convert. :-)

I rarely play anything else currently.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Gretsch 5420 into a valvesporker into a Blues Cube Hot. Because those is my oanly toanz.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Inc pedals? Update mine to les paul into a univox superfuzz into a romany plus.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3223
    edited August 2018
    impmann said:
    impmann said:
    Wasn’t expecting prs to be on your list of hitters buddy. An interesting choice. 

What model if you don’t mind me asking?
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Not my own combination but at the weekend I was at a festival where one of the guitarists was playing a black guard Tele (52 reissue?) through the oft-maligned Peavey Delta Blues amp and it sounded excellent. Superb tone with just the right amount of grit, his playing could be heard clearly right across the site. Nice chops too.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited August 2018
    Played a nice Les Paul through a cranked 100w plexi into a 4x12 cab the other day. That was tonal perfection. Probably damaged my hearing a bit but it was worth it. If you think a 2203 is loud the plexi is even louder!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Too-many variables with all my gear but needless to say I often sit when just randomly plugged in and thought 'WOW!' - if only someone else was here to witness this incredible sound..."
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    impmann said:

CE22 (older model) - although non-standard pickups.

impmann said:
    impmann said:
    impmann said:

Not one of the bling tactic models then! :) Must be honest I’ve looked at these a few times when they’ve come up, just not retro enough for me (god i’m shallow).

Heard one one of the more strat-like (mini humbucker sorts) at Ellwood’s last year and that was a fantastic sounding instrument too and not too garish looking. Definitely worth checking out if one crops up.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    impmann said:
    impmann said:
    impmann said:

Not one of the bling tactic models then! :) Must be honest I’ve looked at these a few times when they’ve come up, just not retro enough for me (god i’m shallow).

Heard one one of the more strat-like (mini humbucker sorts) at Ellwood’s last year and that was a fantastic sounding instrument too and not too garish looking. Definitely worth checking out if one crops up.
    You'd like the 305 I have too... ;-)

Bling tastic? The colour is called Flaming Copper... it looks great under stage lights but I detest flame tops and I hate cherry sunburst (looks like a bad clown's suit IMHO), so I'm an a-typical PRS fan but their plainer looking stuff is absolutely incredible.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12400
    Last night I had my 335 copy with seymour Duncan vintage blues humbuckers straight into my 68 custom Princeton, only at 2.5 volume, was a very lovely sound indeed (taking into account the chuff playing of course) It wanted me to keep playing hammer-ons into slides for some reason.
  • AnderzAnderz Frets: 30
    The summer of 2000 I was a week in London UK. Of course I checked out Denmark street and being in the middle one day I noticed a second hand guitar store on the first floor through the window. 

Got to check it out and I found the door, pushed the door button and went up the stairs. Into the room filed with guitars amps and so forth I meet a sales guy in charge. Then looked at the guitar wall of used guitars. I saw a stratocaster that reminded me of my partscaster at home. 

Can I try this one? Sure what amp would you like to play through? I looked and saw this Marshall combo by the wall so I suggested that one.

So I plugged into low to start with and played for a minutes with this wonderful clean sound I had not heard on any 90s Marshalls so I asked: how much for the amp? £395 came the answer. 

I found an ATM by Tottenham court road and went back, bought the amp and a Fuzz Face pedal I saw in the effects glass cupboard by the counter.

Went back the day after. I was told I got a Thin Lizzy played Marshall 50 watt 1978 2104.

Plugging into that low for clean or high for drive always sounded really great instantly
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Anderz said:
    The summer of 2000 I was a week in London UK. Of course I checked out Denmark street and being in the middle one day I noticed a second hand guitar store on the first floor through the window. 

Got to check it out and I found the door, pushed the door button and went up the stairs. Into the room filed with guitars amps and so forth I meet a sales guy in charge. Then looked at the guitar wall of used guitars. I saw a stratocaster that reminded me of my partscaster at home. 

Can I try this one? Sure what amp would you like to play through? I looked and saw this Marshall combo by the wall so I suggested that one.

So I plugged into low to start with and played for a minutes with this wonderful clean sound I had not heard on any 90s Marshalls so I asked: how much for the amp? £395 came the answer. 

I found an ATM by Tottenham court road and went back, bought the amp and a Fuzz Face pedal I saw in the effects glass cupboard by the counter.

Went back the day after. I was told I got a Thin Lizzy played Marshall 50 watt 1978 2104.

Plugging into that low for clean or high for drive always sounded really great instantly
    Wow! Great story. 

There were certainly still some great deals to be had in the late 90s and early 2000s.