Boss Hyper Fuzz FZ-2 Boost what’s it like?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• How much are these going for nowadays?
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How much are these going for nowadays?
    This last week I’ve missed two potential purchases on ebay, they both sold within minutes of being up... even with FZ-2 alerts set on my ebay account... around the £100-£120 mark currently, got mine for £120 which I feel is ridiculous really 
  • Seems outside of the U.K they are going for a lot more especially in the states
  • Everything old goes for more in The States! I've built up a collection of LocoBox pedals at £20-£40 a go on ebay. American sellers are asking £100 or more. Not always for clean, boxed examples either!
  • I’ve had a play around with the FZ-2 and it’s what I expected, bloody good fun and vicious in a nice way, I love the clean boost it’s really versatile. Another question, is it fussy about placement? I also have a PN-2 on the way really looking forward to combining the two
  • I've only ever run mine in front of other dirt pedals and it works for me there.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673

Another question, is it fussy about placement? I also have a PN-2 on the way really looking forward to combining the two
    Not at all, but if you're running it with a tremolo I would put the FZ-2 first - otherwise it will probably just obliterate the effect completely :). Worth trying it though, since the PN-2 is one of the very few pedals that will do a *true* square-wave tremolo (although many others claim to), which should work even ahead of a brick-wall fuzz like the FZ-2.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:

Another question, is it fussy about placement? I also have a PN-2 on the way really looking forward to combining the two
    Not at all, but if you're running it with a tremolo I would put the FZ-2 first - otherwise it will probably just obliterate the effect completely :). Worth trying it though, since the PN-2 is one of the very few pedals that will do a *true* square-wave tremolo (although many others claim to), which should work even ahead of a brick-wall fuzz like the FZ-2.
    Ok brilliant! I've got a reverb last in the chain so is it best for the PN-2 to go before the reverb and just after a Memory Man or DL4, going to have to rejig my setup a little.

Another pedal placement question to ask, I'm thinking my set up will probably be something like this below? it's all subjective but would something like this work?

TU-3>Boss CP1X (Comp)>FZ-2>Klone>OD-1>SD-2>DMM/DL4>DM-2W>PN-2>Neunaber Reverb, (Preferred the OD-1 after the SD-2) and Klone seems to work better before other drives.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    builttospill said:

TU-3>Boss CP1X (Comp)>FZ-2>Klone>OD-1>SD-2>DMM/DL4>DM-2W>PN-2>Neunaber Reverb
    Sounds reasonable... although I would put the DM-2 ahead of the DL4, analogue before digital delay sounds better to me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom