The end of the moogerfooger :(

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
edited August 2018 in FX
After 20 years, moog will cease production on this wonderful line. 

In my opinion:

Best ringmod
Best phaser
Best chorus
Best delay.

Not bad!

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/farewell-moogerfooger

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Real shame as they are the best and best looking. Could never afford one though, when I was salvering over them.

maybe I’ll see how much the delay is. I’m a sucker for delay 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    ‘We’re no longer building any Moogerfoogers....apart from the Moogerfoogers we’re going to keep building’

What a strange announcement!
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    After 20 years, moog will cease production on this wonderful line. 

In my opinion:

Best ringmod
    Best phaser
    Best chorus
    Best delay.

Not bad!

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/farewell-moogerfooger

I'd add best low pass filter and flanger too.
    Love the midi murf too. 
    I might grab the 101 and 102 again before prices go silly
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Kitsune said:
    Real shame as they are the best and best looking. Could never afford one though, when I was salvering over them.

maybe I’ll see how much the delay is. I’m a sucker for delay 
    There are a couple in the classifieds @dangriffiths has one.
    @Teetonetal have you tried the avid moogerfooger plugins?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    @meltedbuzzbox no, they are only for protools, right?
    Dunno tbh. I've only taken a fleeting glance
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited August 2018
    Once you buy one, you have to have them all...

Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • peachespeaches Frets: 45
    Dang I’ve wanted one on my board forever just for the aesthetic and now the prices are going to rocket, may need to act fast 
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    I have the delay, chorus ring mod and midimurf. They are all amazing.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9547
    ‘We’re no longer building any Moogerfoogers....apart from the Moogerfoogers we’re going to keep building’

Yep, they have announced stuff like this before... especially regarding the delays. Massive impractical units but a real work of art !
  • I bet they have some kind of replacements planned. Or maybe I just hope they do. 
    I bet they have some kind of replacements planned. Or maybe I just hope they do. 
    I dont think that they do. The minifooger range was pretty much a flop. I think they have pulled out of the stompbox arena and are concentrating on big synths. 
  • ‘We’re no longer building any Moogerfoogers....apart from the Moogerfoogers we’re going to keep building’

Yep, they have announced stuff like this before... especially regarding the delays. Massive impractical units but a real work of art !
    Yes, they've announced before that they wouldn't be making the delay again because of the specific chips they use in them, and then they made another batch because they found some more chips down the back of the sofa or something.

Yes, they've announced before that they wouldn't be making the delay again because of the specific chips they use in them, and then they made another batch because they found some more chips down the back of the sofa or something.
    They have barely made any delays in the last 3 years, and stopped the clusterflux. Whenever batches of the chips were found previously both ehx and moog made some more related pedals in small batches. My 104 was from the last run they shipped to europe.  

They also needed enough spare to serve warranty periods. I'm guessing that all new mf104s are now past that point.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    So no decent chips left for the delays?  And the other pedals being discontinued?  End of an era.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6686
    Great pedals! Among the best ever. I still have a RingMod and a Murf in my drawer. I've had them all at one point or another.