How to mount a cry baby on a board?...

SlowclimbSlowclimb Frets: 0
as the title suggests I’m trying to mount my cry baby on my board with not success. The board is the Palmer 60l which has the loop side of Velcro on the board but because the feet hold on the bottom of the cry baby on the hook strips of Velcro don’t meet the loops, I’m surely not the first person to struggle with this?...
Any ideas?! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6836
    I stick Velcro back to back to make versatile strips - can stick cables down and pack spaces under pedals which will work for wah pedals.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Take feet off, saw bolts down, replace base, velcro! 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    joeyowen said:
    Pretty much this, without the saw step
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    edited August 2018
    joeyowen said:
    Pretty much this, without the saw step
    If the screws are too long, which generally they aren’t, then use shorter replacements.

Rather than lose the feet and screws in a parts box I tend to tape them to the inside.

If you’re going to use a power supply then you won’t need the battery compartment. I replaced my base plate with a thin sheet of aluminium. It’s flatter, so sticks better, and I’m not worried about defacing the original base plate.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

On my old wooden board I had it screwed down using the bicylcle chain link type thingies.

On my current one - Palmer same as OP's I remove the feet and use Velcro. My Wah is ancient so has no battery compartment door to worry about.

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I've used these before, though you could fashion the same thing out of a couple small bits of mdf and some velcro.

http://www.stagetrixproducts.com/wah-fastener.html

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    No effing with the wah necessary.

Make two "wedges" using MDF, or whatever (I used a crate of satsumas from Tesco) for front and back of the wah, flip the bottom plate on the wah, dual lock the wedges to the bottom of the wah and then more dual lock to the board, done.

I say dual lock because I personally can't stand velcro.

Oh and be careful thinking you need thick wedges, the layers of dual lock add up :)