Looper?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
So I play by myself in my music room and I figure I could play with myself if I had a looper pedal, I sometimes use backing tracks but I always play my own tunes so I reckon a looper would give me more enjoyment , so guys, a cheap, easy to use, no frills looper pedal, second hand would be good, what do I need? I want a decent recording time, I dont want a gadget that does anything other than allow me to play with myself, but I dont want a load of old pants either, what do you recommend?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Ditto
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:
    Ditto
    +1
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12376
    sgosden said:
    Ditto
    +1
    Ditto, can you see what I did there!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27055
    Yeah, the Ditto is perfectly adequate as a simple looper. The only trouble I have is forgetting what combinations of double or long presses you need to stop or delete stuff, so I'm now on the lookout for something with more buttons
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Ditto works well. Personally I'd go for the RC-3 because it gives you loads more options for a few quid more. The main additional benefit is that you can save your loops and ideas in its bank, but it also has a metronome, tap tempo and click track. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12376
    Yeah, the Ditto is perfectly adequate as a simple looper. The only trouble I have is forgetting what combinations of double or long presses you need to stop or delete stuff, so I'm now on the lookout for something with more buttons
    That's my only bug bear I can never remember how to delete just the last loop but for playing chords then lead on top its great, about £45 second hand.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Rc-1, rc-3, ditto and RC-30 are all excellent. Rc-30 being my favourite for more complex layering and ditto for everyday simple practicing. 
  • Anyone tried a ditto x4? 
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Got a rowin twin looper lt-02 for £25 from amazon. Comes with an extra stop footswich and works perfectly. Would struggle to justify paying much more than that on the Ditto just for home playing.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 609
    You say only play with yourself (phna, phna) but if you have the budget I would consider the digitech trio as that extra bass + drums can make the difference. It is far from perfect IMO but it adds depth - you can always turn bass and drums down. What I like about it is that it picks up when you have looped based on the chords so you do not have to be as accurate. Also it has auto start on strumming the first chord. I don't know if Ditto is this 'smart' but it took me a while to get anywhere near decent on the Zoom G5 looper.

Having several songs stored and available when you switch it back on is what I really needed. Nothing worse than hitting an interesting sequence only to forget it the next day.

Good luck.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Ditto X2 - the second button is vital
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    KT Tunstall used an Akai Headrush E2 - I had one and they are brilliant and really easy to control and use & solidly built.  They can't save loops (unlike the Boss RC3) but it has tape delay & it's much easier to use and sounded much better than the RC3 to my ears.  I sold it, bought an RC3 but sold that because it wasn't as much fun and not as easy to use (at least not without 2 additional external control pedals) and regretted selling the Akai.  If you're not worried about saving loops & want to have a great sound with something really simple to use, this is the one to go for...but you'll have to go used as these are now discontinued.

http://www.akaipro.com/products/legacy/e2-headrush

Akai E2 Headrush pedal

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • peachespeaches Frets: 45
    Anyone tried a ditto x4? 
    Yeah I had one a while. Great functionally for what it does, I just feel at that size/price point it should be able to save loops. Other than that it’s pretty awesome, I didn’t get into the really deep stuff though. 
  • Voxman said:
    KT Tunstall used an Akai Headrush E2 - I had one and they are brilliant and really easy to control and use & solidly built.  They can't save loops (unlike the Boss RC3) but it has tape delay & it's much easier to use and sounded much better than the RC3 to my ears.  I sold it, bought an RC3 but sold that because it wasn't as much fun and not as easy to use (at least not without 2 additional external control pedals) and regretted selling the Akai.  If you're not worried about saving loops & want to have a great sound with something really simple to use, this is the one to go for...but you'll have to go used as these are now discontinued.

Akai E2 Headrush pedal

• Think Greenwoods choice also.  

I had the infinity with all the bells and whistles but it was a bit OTT for me
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Voxman said:

Akai E2 Headrush pedal

I had the Headrush 2 for a few years but I always found that the sound quality diminished with additional loops - it turned into a mush and each new loop was more difficult to hear, whereas I've never found that with the Ditto and Ditto X2 pedals, they're really transparent. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Ditto pedals are great.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I’m not a fan of ditto’s 

for it all out functionality I’d go the pigtronix...for simpler stuff the EHX loopers I find much better than ditto 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    I'm using the one-button ditto live these days. It's simple, which in a live setup is great.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    I had a Ditto x 2 which I've now replaced with a Jamman Solo XT. I switched because I need the ability to save loops because I build up drones at home which I then use live. The Jamman is a very flexible pedal and there's lots of functionality I've not really explored yet.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience