5 tips that will make you a better bass player

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734

If you use flats open strings don't sound that much different to the fretted strings.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfamps said:

If you use flats open strings don't sound that much different to the fretted strings.

Ah that’ll be why I use open strings seemingly at random ;)
  • As I'm a guitarist who plays bass, I used to just plod on the root. Now I try to play walking lines all the time? Hell, I've even stopped using a plectrum!
  • nothing wrong with open strings, they are my friend, just don't play 2 different ones one after the other without damping the first one
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    I love open strings, esp when played against a figure around the 7th fret on next string.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Don’t break your left arm at the elbow, that’s quite a good tip...

I’m now having to re-learn quite a lot of what I do, on a toy bass :) - hopefully I’ll get back to playing properly on a full-size one before too long.

Looking on the bright side, it might actually encourage me to learn some new ways of doing old things too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein