Cycled a Marathon!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    edited September 2018
    I used to do a bit, never enough to get really good but I commuted 60 miles per day, 2-3 times per week from spring to autumn. I was the lightest I've been for a long while too. I preferred to ride a single speed - can't be doing with spinning, far too strenuous. The most comfortable saddle I ever rode was A Spa cycles Nidd - nice hard leather, basically a Chinese knock-off of a Brooks. I used to have mine slightly off to one side.
    Was it a fairly flat commute?
    Pretty much. Along the A48 from Newport to Chepstow/A466 roundabout, so that bit had Pwllmeric (sp?) hill. Then across the bridge and on to Almondsbury via Fernhill. So a couple of lumps which I could just about grind up.

The worst part was the wind, on the way home I was sometimes having to pedal downhill on the down ramp of the bridge.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mighty oaks from tiny acorns grow. Forgive the narcissism but be aware it's potentially a slippery slope.
    I quit the fags, got fat, got 'unhappy' and then decided to do something about it.
    it started off just riding to work and, well, as you can see, things got out of hand. 
    Now I'm not gigging because i can't afford the time because of training and N+1 is now bicycles, wetsuits and trainers not guitars.
    Be warned...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom