Dating an old Aria Strat?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3500
I dont have any photos yet, its a natural with maple neck, strat copy, on the headstock it just says ''Aria'' in Black writing, its looks old and discoloured, 3 piece body . looks like pine? Tuner bodies look like a hexagon shape, skunk stripe, 21 frets, truss at heel, neck plate says ''steel adjustable neck , made in japan, 1069130. Large 70's type headstock, tuners have a l;ittle symbol on them resembling ''is'' but its like an arrow turning back on itself.  Any ideas?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72434
    1970s Matsumoku Aria with Gotoh heads (it’s a stylised ‘G’ :) ). Ash body, pretty decent quality, and will usually have a ‘short frame’ 3-way switch which makes fitting a standard 5-way impossible without hacking the pickguard...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3500
    How much would be a decent price to pay for one? Its a bit worn but playable.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    edited August 2018

I'd put these in the same quality ballpark as my Kimbara - actually quite decent quality for the money.

Despite avaricious eBay sellers and their bollocks "Lawsuit" "Mojo" crap, I'd say sub-£150.

£100 or under and you're on to a winner.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

It looks to have a one piece neck but I could be wrong, the skunk stripe might suggest so, I might have to take a closer look at it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72434
    I would say around £150. They’re quite well-made, and they do have a bit of ‘vintage cool’ about them - better than a modern junk-brand copy or a Squier Affinity, anyway.

It should be basically the same guitar as HarrySeven’s Kimbara, although that appears to have a separate maple fingerboard (a common Matsumoku feature).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Just read the title of this thread and was intrigued.
    Did you meet online?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    Hattigol said:
    Just read the title of this thread and was intrigued.
    Did you meet online?
    Was about to say...

Take it for dinner, try a quick snog as you say goodbye...?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    another member who likes his dates old...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Here we go guys, this is it, if I can get it for a good price I feel a NGD coming up.
    https://i.imgur.com/U9VxErU.jpg