Wraparound tailpiece

What's Hot
kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
I've just bought a Gibson SG Jr and I like the idea of having an intonatable wrap around tailpiece. The Faber offering seems like a good option. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14300
    tFB Trader
    http://www.mojoaxe.com/

I've seen them on many such guitars - Looks like the real thing, with an engineered contour on the top for far more accurate intonation, especially with a plain 3rd - Original models are spec'd for a plain 3rd
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Loads of clones for the 'Quan/ Badass' option. I think StewMac offer them plus Wilkinson. There's also the 'lightning bar' style too again with some decent manufacturers. I'd steer clear of the sub 10quid rubbish on eBay if possible.

I've had decent results with the Quan albeit it doesn't look that great in terms of originality. 

H

www.proudhoney.com

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7038
    tFB Trader
    Some of the cheap Chinese Badass copies can be too tall for achieving a low action, I've found, due to the height of the saddles.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16726
    shugz said:
    Loads of clones for the 'Quan/ Badass' option. I think StewMac offer them plus Wilkinson. There's also the 'lightning bar' style too again with some decent manufacturers. I'd steer clear of the sub 10quid rubbish on eBay if possible.

I've had decent results with the Quan albeit it doesn't look that great in terms of originality. 

H

They are very dated, loads of better options these days.   Although the LQ style  does have an amazing amount of adjustment and can get you out a hole quickly if you have a misplaced bridge.

I like the pigtail or tonepro's wraparounds for full intonation adjustment, but in reality i am perfectly happy with a solid uncompensated bridge

• shugzshugz Frets: 768
    As I said it's not the best look. They have a charm I think albeit cest la vie, what works for one may not another. Cool (of sorts) on a older piece, bit like chrome/ brass on certain eras of guitar. Of it's time. 

They do work well though if not going to any beauty contests. The modern ones are probably great but not tried them. 

H

www.proudhoney.com

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    I've just put a mojoaxe on a dc junior and really like them, they work surprisingly well too

Great if you want that look but expensive 

I've used a schaller signum on a tele i built that's nice but definitely not right for a junior, bags of saddle travel too
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14472
    Plenty good enough for my 1965 Gibson. (The original part lives in the case.)

guitars4you said:
    Looks like the real thing, with an engineered contour on the top for far more accurate intonation, especially with a plain 3rd - Original models are spec'd for a wound 3rd
    FTFY :)

The fully adjustable wrap over bridge/tailpiece gains through the adjustability. Some argue that, compared to the cast one-piece design, the sound is changed. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1380
    Weirdly, I can't seem to find a cheap wound third version for my cheap slide guitar. Any tips anyone?