Time for a Strat/alike.. What to get?

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
I rather fancy adding a Strat type guitar to my collection as I've already got the P90, HB & Piezo bridge pickups covered.  I don't want to spend a lot, so probably under £400 would be good.

I've read good things about Pacificas, but I would like to keep the tone as close to a standard Strat as possible if I can.  Believe it or not, I can't recall ever trying either a real Strat or a Pacifica!

Any suggestions?
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12398
    edited August 2018
    @shaunm has a classic player 50s strat for somthing like £450 I think, I sold mine as the v neck annoyed me, I think they are pretty much best strat used for under £500.

Edit - wrote that in a hurry, I mean they are often quoted as best value strat, and for under £500 I don't think you will get a better strat, I love the pickups and the 2 point tremolo, just couldn't get on with the v neck.

In short if you feel like a strat, get a strat : )
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    munckee said:
    @shaunm has a classic player 50s strat for somthing like £450 I think, I sold mine as the v neck annoyed me, I think they are pretty much best strat used for under £500.

IIRC that is a shoreline gold too...…….gorgeous colour for a strat in my book but not for everybody.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    Got an early 90s MIJ Strat you can have for that ;)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    bazxkr said:

IIRC that is a shoreline gold too...…….gorgeous colour for a strat in my book but not for everybody.

In fairness, @Emp_Fab is less Dick Dale and more Dickhead.....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9330
    If you want a strat, get a strat. Nobody does it better at that price than Fender. A classic player would be well within budget or squire vintage modified is a decent instrument. If you get lucky, a classic series lacquer is an absolute gem for the money
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    munckee said:

Edit - wrote that in a hurry, I mean they are often quoted as best value strat, and for under £500 I don't think you will get a better strat, I love the pickups and the 2 point tremolo, just couldn't get on with the v neck.

In short if you feel like a strat, get a strat : )
    I agree @Emp_Fab get this one
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    I’ve got a three classic vibe Stratocasters and they’re really good guitars. They are as good as my USA and Mexican Strats.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    Gassage said:
    bazxkr said:

In fairness, @Emp_Fab is less Dick Dale and more Dickhead.....
    Thanks for that.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming