Fender Cabronita Thinline - opinions and feedback please

What's Hot
notanonnotanon Frets: 610
edited August 2018 in Guitar
Hi All,

I am building up some funds to purchase a Cabronita MIM. I prefer the thinline. Reviews look pretty good, looking for opinions/feedback from TFB users that have or have owned one. I have a Baja so I have access to and enjoy traditional tele tones.

Thanks Folks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have one that I use for slide. The hardware feels a bit cheap but it has a lovely neck and the pickups are excellent
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    Nice guitars that fill a niche. As stated, the hardware is a bit cheap but that's a relatively easy fix.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Gigged regularly with the non-thinline version which should be very similar.  

Main issue is the stock bridge is too wide and needs replacing with the Axecaster version.  Easy to Google. And easy to fit, uses the existing screw holes and then has proper string alignment. 

Otherwise it's a great, simple instrument. The hardware seems fine, sturdy metal switch, nice knurled knob, tuners work fine. The pickups are great, I've trawled threads which compare them with TV Jones and there's very little difference. 

Neck is great, lovely vintage tint and very playable. 

Would recommend. The thinline ones look very cool. 
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    edited August 2018
    Thanks folks - comments appreciated. Any more? Tip on the bridge may well come in handy :-)
  • I had a solid body black one when Thomann were blowing them out a couple of years ago. It felt nicely put together but I personally didn't get on with the glossy fretboard. The bridge issue mentioned did seem an oversight and was noticeable when playing.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27115
    I can't speak for the Fender version, but I have a custom made one and it's a fantastic, versatile instrument. The pickups and construction suit each other nicely
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Loved mine, regret selling it, will be making another one day.

My PRS SE Korina Mod with twin Mojo-trons scratches that itch considerably though
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback