Lsr Nut on strat

BarneyBarney Frets: 616
edited August 2018 in Guitar
I have a strat plus with the rolling nut ...does anybody know off these need oiled or are they maintenance free 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    As far as I know you shouldn’t need to touch it, mine has certainly never needed any maintenance in all the years I’ve had it and it still works fine. The only reason I could imagine is if it’s completely choked up with dust and/or crap, in which case a clean up and a squirt of wd40 should sort it out. 
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Never needed to do anything to the strat plus i had. I know some people dont like these lsr nuts, and i get that some may not like the look but in practise i found the one i had worked brilliantly... and the guitar never went out of tune. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    stuagu said:
    Never needed to do anything to the strat plus i had. I know some people dont like these lsr nuts, and i get that some may not like the look but in practise i found the one i had worked brilliantly... and the guitar never went out of tune. 
    They’re a bit marmite. They undoubtedly work really well, I’ve got a LSR and a Wilkinson two point trem on one of my Strat builds and you can dive bomb the trem until the strings are completely slack, but it comes right back to pitch every time. They’re not particularly pretty though and mine definitely thinned out the tone of the guitar when it was fitted. It took a lot of fiddling around with the set up to stop the top E having a sitar like effect too.