Anyone done the Wudtone reload program to their Strat?

rze99rze99 Frets: 2292
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm SURE it's a great service that makes a huge difference to your Strat, most wudtone products seem good.  (I'd strongly consider buying one of the ready done guitars if they had a blue one in stock)... 

That said, the florid prose style gives off a whiff of Snake Oil, which I find off-putting.
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    No, but sort of...insofar as I can do all the setup and fret stuff myself...but I think the single biggest improvement is their constant pivot bridgeplate.  I like it so much I've installed one on all 4 of my strats and I also have a tele with the "country shimmer" version. 

Yes I agree the sales patter is a bit ott but I find it works as advertised...all 5 guitars stay in tune even with serious vibrato abuse (well cut and lubed nuts help here too obviously) and I did also perceive an improvement to sustain and tone on the 2 guitars where I swapped out an old bridge. The other 3 were self assembled partscasters. 

I buy the bridgeplates seperately and source everything else elsewhere though. My recipe for the perfect strat trem is the Wudtone bridgeplate with KTS Ti saddles, Raw Vintage springs and a Kevin Hurley sustain block. I've tried a Killer guitar components brass spring claw but cant say that it made any difference so I guess any old spring claw will do although I stick with steel ones for authenticity's sake. I'm aware of the irony in that last sentence. 

So I guess my point is definitely get the bridgeplate. The rest of it is all totally worthwhile as well but you could learn to do it all yourself by watching youtube vids, which is what I did. It's fun and addictive. There's some additional outlay for tools but then you never have to pay for another fret dressing. 

If you can't be bothered with the hassle or don't have the time to do it all yourself then I do think the Wudtone service would be worthwhile if you have the spare cash.