microsuction tape

docbakerdocbaker Frets: 30
I have been playing around with this tape on my home use board ... and was wondering whether it might be an alternative to velcro in some circumstances/applications, I really dislike that stuff for its messy residue. It has thousands of tiny craters on one surface, like David Attenborough’s clever green lizards, which adhere to flat surfaces but peel off with neither damage nor residue, and a strong adhesive on the other.

It comes with the Smoothhound kit, but there it’s stuck onto a thick substrate which soon falls apart. So I looked for a supplier of the basic material, there is more than one. I bought some from Denmark, the closest, at €16.50 inc P&P for an A4 sheet of 0.8 mm thickness. See https://www.materialsampleshop.com/collections/frontpage-bottom/products/micro-suction-tape

Works great sticking the smoothhound and baby Vox amPlug 2 to my guitar body.

I’ve also tried this with flat bottomed pedals on my Aclam board, by sticking 2 strips together, that is adhesive side to adhesive side, so that the tape peels easily off both pedal and board, this works well, at least for home use. How this might perform under the rigours of stage work I cannot say though.

It's a bit more tricky with Boss with that rubber surround on the base, trying to get the level right by layering the tape - needs more work. However I did manage to leave a Boss pedal stuck to a window for a couple of minutes, hands ready to catch it, the glass needs to be very clean though.

I'm sure this has lots of other uses, anyone else tried it?
-site:amazon.co.uk -site:ebay.co.uk... ditto for .com, the most powerful internet search filters
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom