Eastwood Airline Pocket Bass

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I've an Eastwood Airline Twin Tone normal guitar, and I rather like it. But then I've also got a Supro amp...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've an Eastwood Airline Twin Tone normal guitar, and I rather like it. But then I've also got a Supro amp...
    You dirty boy
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    edited September 2018
    thecolourbox said:

But then I've also got a Supro amp...
    If it's one of the ones with a rotary output power selector, replace the nut on the rotary switch with a better-quality brass one instead of the crappy alloy one, and fit a washer. And preferably cut the top of the shaft down to the same height as the other knobs so it doesn't stick up where it will get bashed more easily.

Because if not, the knob will get bashed, jump the nut one turn on the plastic thread, and push the switch down away from the panel. And then the rotor will go past its stop, connect something to something it shouldn't be, and blow the fuse... all because of a bit of cheap assembly that shouldn't be on an amp at this price.

Not impressed.

(Sorry, thread hijack!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    thecolourbox said:

But then I've also got a Supro amp...
    If it's one of the ones with a rotary output power selector, replace the nut on the rotary switch with a better-quality brass one instead of the crappy alloy one, and fit a washer. And preferably cut the top of the shaft down to the same height as the other knobs so it doesn't stick up where it will get bashed more easily.

Because if not, the knob will get bashed, jump the nut one turn on the plastic thread, and push the switch down away from the panel. And then the rotor will go past its stop, connect something to something it shouldn't be, and blow the fuse... all because of a bit of cheap assembly that shouldn't be on an amp at this price.

Not impressed.

(Sorry, thread hijack!)

Hmm I don't think that's what I have, only the little 1605R thing which doesn't have that. (Sorry for further hijacking the thread, just thought my experience of Eastwood Airline's Supro style reissues may be useful, in context of course!).
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ICBM said:
    (Sorry, thread hijack!)
    thecolourbox said:
    (Sorry for further hijacking the thread!)
    Probably unimportant. The OP has already succeeded in:
    1. winding some people up. 
    2. creating the opportunity for crude humour.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBM said:
    (Sorry, thread hijack!)
    thecolourbox said:
    (Sorry for further hijacking the thread!)
    Probably unimportant. The OP has already succeeded in:
    1. winding some people up. 
    2. creating the opportunity for crude humour.
    I’ve hardly commented! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I tried some Eastwood guitars a few years ago. I thought they were bollocks at the time