NFXD!

What's Hot
StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
edited September 2018 in FX
So I don't usually use pedals. Typically I would use a Pitchblack tuner, Bad Monkey and an NS-2. Nothing else.

However today all changed when I got this in a part exchange

https://media.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/GSystem-large.jpg?v=7be77b0d88c8a560

Big change for me. I have no idea what I'm doing just yet but just going through the presets, the effects are fantastic. Looking forward to understanding how the hell to use it.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3471
    edited September 2018
    Very cool, I always wanted one of those. Remember spending all day stacking shelves in Tesco daydreaming about what my setup would look like and sound like with it...and how I could save up to afford one. Was a dream piece of gear for me at one point.

Congratulations, be sure to report back your thoughts!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Seek out ‘Laird’s White Paper’... its the closest thing there is to a manual. They’re a bastard to use without it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve stumbled across a lot of YouTube stuff on the G System, from tc and others. Nice. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 986
    Brilliant!

I remember working on a building site back around 2004ish and another guy there was saving up for one of these.  I never knew if he did ever get around & save up enough cash to buy one, as time passed and I moved on.

Keep this post updated with your thoughts!
  • Had an hour with it today through my JSX. After some fumbling about how to connect it up properly I finally figured it out. The previous owner had such a great lead preset, I just kept it and shall use that as my lead preset.

There's so much to go through I've barely scratched the surface. Certainly the best multi effects processor I've ever had. 

Very happy with my rig today, probably my best set up ever
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3311
    edited September 2018
    Nice one, Steve, and you already had an impressive core sound with the minimum of stuff. Sounds like this is the icing or sprinklies on the cake!
  • Thanks Cos, I was a bit hesitant at first but the effects are so good that I'm happy to delve deeper into the G System and really try to make it work for me. So far so good though
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    I always loved the look and design of these... very cool!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com