SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: A Stratocaster - budget £500ish

Morning guys,

As the title says - i'm after a strat for around the £500 mark. Pref HSS, but single coils are all good too. Just wondering what's around on these pages!

Im in Southampton, so unless you're down this way it would have to be posted. 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hiya, I’m abroad currently but will be selling my Japanese Fender hotrod reissue strat (HRR) from the early 90s. it’s black in colour(basswood body) with a rosewood fingerboard. It’s pretty well used and has quite a lot of marks on the body and some odd stuff like side fingerboard markers replaced with little plastic crystals (weird).

It’s HSS with an OFR, 22 jumbo frets 12” radius and a relatively thin neck. I’ll be selling it with the original white pickguard with a PAF Pro and two Texas specials - TBX and coil split (I’ll check the specs properly when I’m back)

I’ll also be including a tortie pickguard with a couple of single coils (I think fender noiseless) and trick wiring for the bridge humbucker on a 4 way rotary in place of the second tone control to offer full humbucker and three sc sounds from the bridge pickup. I’m not including the actual  bridge humbucker which is currently installed (SD PATB-1) as I’ll be using it for something else.

This extra scratch plate and wiring was made for me and by Jacks Instrument Services and it’s great. The wiring is beautifully done and has solderless connections for the SC pickups.

It’s quite a rock strat so may not be your cup of tea but it plays well and sounds decent.

I’ll write everything up when I’m back along with photos and accurate description for my sale post but in the meantime might pique your interest, or not :)

Cheers,
    Ben.

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom