SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Fender CS '62 Limited Edition Relic Strat w/Abby Handwounds (Price Drop)

What's Hot
buddyfuzzbuddyfuzz Frets: 9
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
After deciding not to sell a few weeks back, I just don't think I can afford to keep this any longer, which really sucks.

I know absolutely everybody says this about every guitar, but it truly is the best Strat I've ever played. I bought this new myself from Coda. I played every CS Strat in the shop and decided this was easily the one. Not content with even that, I then drove to GAK to try every Strat there (paying special attention to all the other '62 models), and even though GAK offered me a bit of a better price on something I was trading in, I knew I had to drive back up to Coda to go and buy this one. I know I'll regret selling it, but as many of you know, adulthood gets in the way sometimes! Maybe in a couple of years I'll be able to pick it back up off the buyer.

The guitar has an interesting story behind it.

Here's the blurb from GAK that's also featured in the other post:

''62 Relic Strat with a slightly unusual history. It started life a couple of years ago with a different neck that had a Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard. However due to CITES regulations this had to be removed so the guitar was sent back to the Custom Shop in California to have this replacement neck (with a still extremely nice 'AAA' Indian Rosewood fingerboard) constructed and fitted. So this is really best described as a 'New Old Stock' Relic- if there ever was such a thing! One significance of this is the pickups- on this particular instrument they are Handwound '60s but, as this guitar's body is a couple of years old, the pickups were handwound by Abigail Ybarra! As Abigail has retired after more that 50 years at Fender this is probably the only new instrument for sale with these electronics.. This Strat's body is extra-light two-piece Alder. The neck is actually pretty unusual in as much as it is constructed from rift-sawn Maple. Rift sawing is actually the strongest, most stable cut of wood possible (more so than flat or even quarter sawn) but is rarely used as is comparatively quite wasteful. The fingerboard has a 7.25" radius, the frets are narrow & tall 6105s. The neck profile is a '65 'C' shape measuring .820" at the first and .974" at the twelfth fret, the nut is 1.65". Overall a great Strat with a story! Includes Custom Shop blonde tolex 'Limited Edition' case.'

Sounds silly to say, but the guitar is in mint (albeit factory relic) condition, or at least the same condition it left the shop in. Never gigged, only home and light studio use. It comes with 100% of all the case candy.

Currently strung with DR Pure Blues 10-46, set up by the great Andy Gibson (now at Sixty Sixty Sounds on Denmark St).

Collection from London NW3.

Only selling because the money is needed, so no trades, but looking for £2100 ONO.

Will get some better (and more photos) on Wednesday. The first photo is one I took in Coda the moment I realised it had to be mine.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments