NGD - Ryder LP

What's Hot
webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
edited September 2018 in Guitar
Anthony Ryder, our very own @flyfisher12, has been making this for me over course of the last six months or so:

And a better one of the top, i.e. not by me and a camera phone:

It's Ants take on the Peter Green / Gary Moore 1959 Les Paul and it sounds and plays amazingly, it sounds completely huge This is the first set of OX4 pickups I've heard and while these are not he standard ones, they are the rolling man Peter Green ones, they sound fantastic.

I drove down and picked it up from the man himself on Friday and I've been playing away since then - cannot say enought nice things about Antony either a proper gentelman to deal with, great chat too!

Here it is in action:

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Holy moley! That looks and sounds lovely! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Looks great - sounds great too :) 
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Ohhh lovely! Really nice guitar. Enjoy!
  • Thanks chaps - been playing to for most of the evening - properly inspiring to play :)
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10465
    tFB Trader
    Anthony Ryder, our very own @flyfisher12, has been making this for me over course of the last six months or so:

And a better one of the top, i.e. not by me and a camera phone:

It's Ants take on the Peter Green / Gary Moore 1959 Les Paul and it sounds and plays amazingly, it sounds completely huge This is the first set of OX4 pickups I've heard and while these are not he standard ones, they are the rolling man Peter Green ones, they sound fantastic.

I drove down and picked it up from the man himself on Friday and I've been playing away since then - cannot say enought nice things about Antony either a proper gentelman to deal with, great chat too!

Here it is in action:

Sounds glorious ... and proper tidy playing an all :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Sounds glorious ... and proper tidy playing an all :-)

Thanks Ash – I hastened to add that’s not me playing – that is a mate of Anthony’s in Chris @RiftAmps demo room :)

• Very nice mate, HNGD!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• It sounds on the money. Martin Green who is playing this demo was plugged straight into a Peavey valve combo(not one of Chris' master pieces. If you haven't checked him and his amps out you really should.)with just a touch of reverb. In prep for the the video I was at Martin's place the week before and he played a bit of Black magic woman through the same rig and I have to say it was truly a moment I'll never forget. It was as though Peter Green was playing it in his heyday. Ross has been a fabulous customer and very patient especially in light of the fact I had to have quite a serious operation right in the middle of things...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Boromedic said:
    Very nice mate, HNGD!
    Thanks! :)

It sounds on the money. Martin Green who is playing this demo was plugged straight into a Peavey valve combo(not one of Chris' master pieces. If you haven't checked him and his amps out you really should.)with just a touch of reverb. In prep for the the video I was at Martin's place the week before and he played a bit of Black magic woman through the same rig and I have to say it was truly a moment I'll never forget. It was as though Peter Green was playing it in his heyday. Ross has been a fabulous customer and very patient especially in light of the fact I had to have quite a serious operation right in the middle of things...
    Thanks for all your work on this - loving it, it's coming to practice on Thursday night - can't wait to get it up loud!