Help needed to identify chords!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    HansiR said:
    I can see that there are some very difficult, finger-breaking, widow-making, chords listed too...I think  I've got a long road ahead of me!
    To be fair, the BIG in @bigjon should probably be capitalised! ;) He's a very tall chap, with very long fingers. Folks like him and "Ol' Face-hugger Hands" @Bucket are at an unfair advantage when it comes to stretchy voicings, but there are plenty of other ones for the rest of us to use, and there's always a lot of "boring" notes in chords one can miss out an imply by only playing the important ones! :) With my apologies to Yngwie, here, "Less Is More" kinda works. :naughty:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HansiR said:
    Thanks Matt... that's a lovely and very handy D7 ( x 9 10 9 10 x), and as a chord shape in itself it's great that it's movable up and down the entire neck... I'm learning a lot!
    Sorry to be a pedant but that's a D9 (2nd inversion to be precise). The equivalent D7 would be x 9 10 11 10 x.  
  • Well spotted Modellista, you found the deliberate mistake... ha ha ha! Thanks for pointing that out...

TO DO IS TO BE - Nietzsche   TO BE IS TO DO - Kant   DO BE DO BE DO - Sinatra
  • vizviz Frets: 10697
    edited September 2018
    HansiR said:
    Thanks Matt... that's a lovely and very handy D7 ( x 9 10 9 10 x), and as a chord shape in itself it's great that it's movable up and down the entire neck... I'm learning a lot!
    Sorry to be a pedant but that's a D9 (2nd inversion to be precise).  
    It could be (though 1st inversion), so long as there was a D in the bass or other instrument - ie, it sat within a D chord. But in and as of itself, with no D present, x 9 10 9 10 x is an F#m7b5. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787

JGuitar's chord namer offers four options for x 9 10 9 10 x

F# Minor 7th Flat 5th

C/F# 6th Flat 5th

E/F# Suspended 2nd Suspended 4th Sharp 5th

A/F# Minor 6th

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Interesting, not D9, because it has no root in it.