Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sell my DS1 and get a proco rat?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    KEEP your DS1 and get a rat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    prlgmnr said:
    KEEP your DS1 and get a rat.
    Exactly. Rat stacked into DS-1 is a great sound and gives you three sounds from two pedals.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a DS-1 briefly and thought it the single most horrible pedal in the history of pedals (with the exception of the AC-1 obviously, that goes without saying). Whereas I quite like a good Rat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Keep the DS-1.  It's got maybe one good sound in it, which is one more than a Rat.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8748
    Certainly keep. The DS-1 until after you’ve bought another pedal. Otherwise you won’t be able to compare them.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Following this thread with interest as I'm about to start to build a proper pedal board; I have a DS1 but it's a touch too fizzy for my taste. Going to try a few different drive pedals out and I'm curious to see / hear other suggestions :+1: 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    CHughes said:
    Following this thread with interest as I'm about to start to build a proper pedal board; I have a DS1 but it's a touch too fizzy for my taste. Going to try a few different drive pedals out and I'm curious to see / hear other suggestions :+1: 
    How are you using the DS-1?  Straight in to a very clean amp they do sound a bit fizzy, but in to a valve amp wound up a bit there's really nothing like them for a good rock sound
  • Keep the DS-1. Although it’s not for everybody, it’s a classic Boss pedal and not worth getting rid of for £25 or so imho.