Anyone know anything about Epiphone Slash neck profiles?

I was wondering if anyone had played a Rosso Corsa (or any others) and could shed some light? I played an Epi Anaconda and loved the profile which I understand is based on a 58 neck, unlike the rest of the Slash profiles... however its green and for that kind of price used I'd want the case that comes with the Rosso Corsa!

The Rosso Corsa specs say that its a custom Slash profile based on a slim 60s taper with a D shape... now I just played an Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus which has a 60s slim D shaped neck and the thing was awful to hold. horrible flat back to the neck, doesn't fill your palm... not my idea of a comfy neck. Does anyone know if the Rosso Corsa profile is similar to the Tribute Plus?

Also, while we are at it, does the goldtop have a different profile to the Rosso Corsa? I can't see any actual specs for the goldtop neck.

Basically I want a sig Slash to scratch an itch but I'm put off by the idea of a slim D shape or by a green guitar. The gold top would be my preference (as it comes with hand signed COA) if only the Epiphone gold was the same gold as on the Gibson but the gold looks horrible on the Epiphone... thus arriving at the idea of Rosso Corsa. Has anyone played the Epiphone Rosso Corsa side by side with the Gibson? Do they have the same neck profile or is the hideous slim D profile an Epiphone thing? Should I be looking to spend a bit more if the Gibson has the more comfy neck? What kind of profiles do the Gibson versions have? Everyone always says that a Slash neck is like a baseball bat but the specs say that he prefers a slim 60s neck... it doesn't add up! 

If any users of any kind of slash signature can share their views I'd really appreciate it

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited September 2018
    All modern Gibson slash sigs now come with his preferred slim 60s neck I think. I'm not sure however if the epis just get the standard epi neck profile rather than the profile he prefers to play or not.

So I was literally no help
  • Don’t be so hard on yourself @underdog !!! - I now know not to bother with any U.S.A. slash model of they are all slim necks... maybe anaconda it is as that has a 58 neck

edited September 2018
    Don’t be so hard on yourself @underdog !!! - I now know not to bother with any U.S.A. slash model of they are all slim necks... maybe anaconda it is as that has a 58 neck

All the modern ones are slim, I think the last one with the fat neck was the goldtop or possibly the tobacco burst one. Didn't realise that he'd gone back to a thicker neck with the green one.

I'd love the goldtop one to go with my vermilion.
  • I might have to check out the Goldtop...

the 2017 anaconda custom shops have a different profile to the Epiphone and the 2018 standard as far as I know... I tried the Epiphone and it was the chunkiest neck I’ve played... it’s based on a 58.

so you have a vermillion @underdog ? I take it it’s slim? Is it a rounded c-shape or a flatter d-shape? I can take a slim c shape, it’s the d I can’t do! 

edited September 2018
    I might have to check out the Goldtop...

the 2017 anaconda custom shops have a different profile to the Epiphone and the 2018 standard as far as I know... I tried the Epiphone and it was the chunkiest neck I’ve played... it’s based on a 58.

so you have a vermillion @underdog ? I take it it’s slim? Is it a rounded c-shape or a flatter d-shape? I can take a slim c shape, it’s the d I can’t do! 

The vermilion neck is comfortable, it's definitely more a C than a D shape. I have another Les Paul that has a real chunky neck, though to be honest I find both confortable to play, even my thin and wide 2015 Gibson neck feels just fine to me so maybe neck profiles just don't bother me much.
  • I’m not sure its the thickness that bothers me much but the shape does massively. I have an ESP GL-256 George Lynch Strat that has a fairly thin neck, but it is rounded and comfortable to play. My PRS SE is relatively thin but again as is my Fender Strat, but rounded, but I played a Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas with a ‘speed’ profile that has a flat back like the Epiphones (but thinner) and I couldn’t play it...

it may be that I’m not a fan of the Epiphone style profile... i wish I could test the Gibson versions out! Might take a punt, can always flip it if I don’t like it!