Ltd KH502 question

What's Hot
I just got an Ltd KH502. It is a quite cool, inexpensive guitar.
One thing is confusing me. Fret markers on my guitar are all skulls/crossbones....but this model should have them only at the 12th fret.
Small thing, I know, but it is still bugging me.
Does anyone know, were they changing the fret markers during the years?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    You sure you haven't got the KH-202? That's the one with it on all the frets
  • Adamski said:
    You sure you haven't got the KH-202? That's the one with it on all the frets
    Was thinking the same... but if I am not wrong, 202`s are bolt on, while mine is a neckthrough.......and another thing.....mine has "KH502" on the 24th fret :-)
    Or if it's an old one it could be a 602? 
  • Adamski said:
    Or if it's an old one it could be a 602? 
    I got the guitar used and am not sure how old it actually is.......what I have seen on the `net is saying that 602`s are coming with active EMG`s, with a battery route on the back of the body, while mine guitar doesn`t have the route.

Hmm most of the KH models will come with active EMG pickups. Some of the old one's had EMG HZ's which were not active and the newer, cheaper 202 has ESP branded pickups. Regardless it should say on the pickup itself which they are
  • They`re HZ`s.............the guitar also has a switch above the pots....and no KH series came with such a thing if I am not wrong(it could be an aftermarket add on, off course).
    A lot of details just doesn`t match.....and to point out again, there is KH-502 written on the 24th fret :-/
  • Is it like this one, except for the switch mod?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    Done some research and there is some reference to versions of that guitar that did indeed have HZ pickups and Skull inlays all along so looks like it is what it is. 

Enjoy! They are cool guitars 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstorm said:
    Is it like this one, except for the switch mod?

Yes, exactly......seems like I just wasn`t googling hard enough :-)
  • Adamski said:
    Done some research and there is some reference to versions of that guitar that did indeed have HZ pickups and Skull inlays all along so looks like it is what it is. 

Enjoy! They are cool guitars 
    Yes, I got quite surprised with the quality of some Ltd`s after avoiding them for a long time, will surely enjoy this one.