Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA - TC Electronic Polytune Clip £26 on Amazon

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    edited September 2018
    clarkefan said:
    Adamski said:
    clarkefan said:
    Just curious, do people find these work on stage? Not a dig at TC, just wondering if clip-ons in general work with everything else going on as reliably as eg a TU-3.
    I’d probably use a pedalboard tuner on stage but the on board display IS very bright. 

For home though it’s amazing 
    The Clip is fairly easily knocked off. Wouldn’t take much to send it flying on a gig. In theory they could also pick up other vibrations ( if you needed to tune mid song it might be over ridden by the bass for example). 
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, they work on vibration, so how useful are they on stage with other instruments giving it some?
    FWIW I was helping my mate at a gig. Basically I had to swap guitars and tune them up etc. His pedal tuner that he supplied me with broke, the Snark freaked out at all the vibrations going on; however, my trusty Polytune clip on that I brought along just in case didn’t bat an eyelid. I was able to tune up no problem. Bear in mind I was sat on stage between a hefty PA speaker and a very loud drummer! This was my experience though so YMMV. Either way I was mighty impressed. Great little things they are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I was thinking about picking one of these up. I see that the PolyTune range now features strobe tuning. I’m having a go at doing a bit of setup work these days so it seemed like a cheap route into a strobe tuner for that.
    But then I wondered if I’d be better off buying the Polytune Mini 2 and selling on my PolyTune Mini.
    Any thoughts as to what would be the better route ?
  • beed84 said:
    clarkefan said:
    Adamski said:
    clarkefan said:
    Just curious, do people find these work on stage? Not a dig at TC, just wondering if clip-ons in general work with everything else going on as reliably as eg a TU-3.
    I’d probably use a pedalboard tuner on stage but the on board display IS very bright. 

For home though it’s amazing 
    The Clip is fairly easily knocked off. Wouldn’t take much to send it flying on a gig. In theory they could also pick up other vibrations ( if you needed to tune mid song it might be over ridden by the bass for example). 
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, they work on vibration, so how useful are they on stage with other instruments giving it some?
    FWIW I was helping my mate at a gig. Basically I had to swap guitars and tune them up etc. His pedal tuner that he supplied me with broke, the Snark freaked out at all the vibrations going on; however, my trusty Polytune clip on that I brought along just in case didn’t bat an eyelid. I was able to tune up no problem. Bear in mind I was sat on stage between a hefty PA speaker and a very loud drummer! This was my experience though so YMMV. Either way I was mighty impressed. Great little things they are.
    Thanks, real world experience and a green light, appreciate it :)
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Currently £24.05 for the black one, like new warehouse deal, if anybody stil interested.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01M1OPRJZ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I bought one of the clips, its amazing for the money leaves my pitchclip for dead
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    My thoughts on my polytune which arrived last week.
    It is very accurate, very quick & has a very good display.
    The clip part is a very loose fit on the head stock, much looser than the  D"Addario & Reverb clip on"s I have.
  • baldy said:
    My thoughts on my polytune which arrived last week.
    It is very accurate, very quick & has a very good display.
    The clip part is a very loose fit on the head stock, much looser than the  D"Addario & Reverb clip on"s I have.
    This is very strange, mine's tighter than a gnat's chuff, more so than the previous two Poly Clips I've had.
    Just what I have found compared to the 2 other clip on"s I have.
    In terms of accuracy, speed & display though it is better.
  • Mines nice and tight....I got a white one when they first came out, but jumped at the chance to get the Noir so it matches my EVH Wolfgang Stealth....no other reason as the first one I got works perfectly!

Certainly haven't experienced the clip feeling loose on the head stock on any of my guitars.
    Mine is a white one.
    I have used it on 6 different guitars & it is not a tight fit on any of them. 
    Don"t get me wrong it does not slip about but it is nowhere as tight a fit as my other 2.
  • Mine arrived today - a black one for stage use. I think they are fantastic - but I still don't understand the difference between strobe and needle
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Back in stock in time for Christmas!