Wiring up a Helix and a pair of DXR10s

What's Hot
revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
My son has a Helix, and last month he got a DXR10.  Yesterday I delivered another DXR10 to him that I bought here on the forum so now he's running a stereo pair.

I can see that there are a variety of ways of wiring this setup up, just for this simple scenario where he is playing at home.  A selection of outputs on the Helix and a variety of ways of inputing to the DXR10s.

Is there a preferable way of wiring up this simple setup my son has?

I realise that if you're gigging this setup then there are other considerations, figuring out your levels, sending an XLR to FOH.   I doubt whether that's relevant now, but are there any settings on the Helix and the DXR10s that he might be wise to become accustomed to for the eventuality that gets out and plays in a band?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just use the 1\4 outs on a different path to the XLrs
    That way you can control the volume on the DRXs with the big knob without affecting the FOH.
    Also I guarantee he won't use enough midrange until he gets the volume up in a band scenario so stick the boogie 5band EQ block at the end of the chain  just to tweak the sound (up to you if you put it before or after the split for 1\4 inch outputs)
    use a dual cab block if you have the DSP . I normally cut 4-6 kHz on the cab high cut but again it depends on what models you are using. don't forget to use Stereo FX after the amp block and mono before
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • in the above example I've split before the cab as the 1\4 go to a power amp and through actual cabs. to adapt for your use just move the split after the cab block
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Man, you just have to love the Helix !

The options are incredible, and the routing is li ted only by your imagination.

I'll def get a Helix Floor again when one appears :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom