Steely Dan / Stevie Winwood Tour Birmingham 23rd Feb 2019

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited February 2019
    Great clips.

Also, from this, you can see that Jon Herrington has gone with his chosen amp - 2 X two Guytron GT-100 FV's.

I actually contacted him last year via his website after the London O2 gig asking what he was using as I thought he had a good sound then. I didn't expect to hear from him but he responded promptly and said he was using his pedalboard through a hired in Fender HRD or was it a Deville and didn't like it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    joneve said:
    Well, that was fucking incredible. 

Keith Carlock’s drumming is simply other worldly. One of, if not the best drummer I’ve ever seen live. 

The rest of the band were top notch as well. Jon Herington is Jon Herington; but Keith Carlock man. Holy shit.
    I could not find a suitable date to attend - A Friend of mine went and like you he raved about Keith on the drums - He said he just put down the groove that allowed everything else to function on top of it
    I know he's been touring with them for over 15 years, so he must have been their drummer the last time we saw them in Birmingham, but I don't recall being so blown away. He was an absolute machine and at some points I wondered if he had extra arms as I had NO FUCKING CLUE how he was playing some of the fills. My dad, who's been a drummer for longer than I've been alive (35 years) was just as blown away. 

It was probably the same show I went to in Brum - I can't recall who was on drums that night

My mate was raving about the trumpet player as well

Let's be honest none of them are mugs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    joneve said:
    joneve said:
    Well, that was fucking incredible. 

Keith Carlock’s drumming is simply other worldly. One of, if not the best drummer I’ve ever seen live. 

The rest of the band were top notch as well. Jon Herington is Jon Herington; but Keith Carlock man. Holy shit.
    I could not find a suitable date to attend - A Friend of mine went and like you he raved about Keith on the drums - He said he just put down the groove that allowed everything else to function on top of it
    I know he's been touring with them for over 15 years, so he must have been their drummer the last time we saw them in Birmingham, but I don't recall being so blown away. He was an absolute machine and at some points I wondered if he had extra arms as I had NO FUCKING CLUE how he was playing some of the fills. My dad, who's been a drummer for longer than I've been alive (35 years) was just as blown away. 

It was probably the same show I went to in Brum - I can't recall who was on drums that night

My mate was raving about the trumpet player as well

Let's be honest none of them are mugs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The current lineup for Steely Dan is apparently the longest-serving continuous lineup in their history...
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    west said:

This is great.
    My laptop speakers are not cutting it so I am going to watch the whole thing on my Fire Stick.