SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet with Bigsby - Withdrawn

What's Hot
EzekielEzekiel Frets: 36
edited September 2018 in Guitars £
I am selling a used Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet with Bigsby (supposedly from late 90s, looks like a G5435T but I'm not 100% sure). 

I have had this guitar set up for £60 at the end of June at Denmark Street's Stairway to Kevin.
The guitar has been restrung with D'Addario EXP 110 coated nickel strings, 10-46s.

There are small marks on the headstock and also one volume knob is at a slight angle to the others but it works just fine.

The guitar does not come with a gig-bag, so it will be collection only in London NW3. I am looking for £275.

I'll try to upload pictures later today.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EzekielEzekiel Frets: 36
    edited September 2018
    Pictures below:

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5793
    That doesn’t look like an electromatic from the 90s but one of the modern and far far superior models available now. 

The humpblock inlays, real filtertrons (super crunchy blacktop flavour) and better wiring/pots are the headline upgrades over over the older versions. 

Very nice guitars that no one has a bad word for. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, current model Pro Jet.  

In fact, eRlier versions of this (around 2009/10) had metal pickup surrounds. so this is a later run.  Guessing it’s less than 5 years old. 

Volume knob is at different angle because the top is curved, not flat.  This is normal.  

Zero frets, and cheap has me a bit concerned....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi, what do you mean by zero frets?

I bought this guitar used for £220 off ebay and paid £60 for the setup, that's how I got to the price.
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
    edited September 2018
    Ezekiel said:
    Hi, what do you mean by zero frets?

I bought this guitar used for £220 off ebay and paid £60 for the setup, that's how I got to the price.
    Its not priced cheap 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Now I understand the 0 frets comment - it's a pay on collection, so should be a safe method for any buyer.

The G5435T is new around £450, so I think the price I am asking for makes sense.
  • Bump
  • Up
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    wouldn't that serial number make it a 2015? 

• We acrue ‘frets’ for activity here. You have none, and are selling a guitar you know nothing about. 
    You’re 20 years out on the date of a nearly new guitar. 
    That was my concern.