Les Paul Junior Hardcase

What's Hot
Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
edited September 2018 in Guitar
Im on the lookout for a Junior hardcase and have trolled the usual sites and forums etc but wanted to know what people have or use and what ACTUALLY fits, some say use a normal Les Paul case and use a t-shirt to fill the gap left from the difference in body thickness, is that really an answer??!! 

Ive seen Thomann and Spider have an option but is there any other choice? I'm really reluctant to take it out in a gig bag.

Cheers in advance

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3638
    Mine's got a case that the original owner bought from ebay that has "Gibson USA" painted on it. It's a perfect fit without t- shirts or any of that stuff so possibly worth checking out ebay?
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72591
    SKB definitely do one that fits properly, a friend had one for his '58 Junior. I'm certain Hiscox will as well - if in doubt, ask them - they're very helpful if you have anything slightly non-standard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• photekphotek Frets: 1468
    The spider one doesn’t fit, I bought one and was an exact fit for my Les Paul Standard but needed 2 t-shirts for my Jr to fit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the Hiscox SG case is the one for Juniors and Specials. @miserneil will be the man in the know, I suspect.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• I think the Hiscox SG case is the one for Juniors and Specials. @miserneil will be the man in the know, I suspect.
    Yep - I had a hiscox SG that fitted the special I sold to @peteri ;
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Still got it! Fits great and balances nicely in the hand too
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    Cheers guys I'll keep an eye out for one of them then, never thought it would be such a mission tbh!
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    I think the Hiscox SG case is the one for Juniors and Specials. @miserneil will be the man in the know, I suspect.
    Sorry chaps, late to this. Yes, the Hiscox SG case is the one for the DC Junior style guitars.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • miserneil said:
    I think the Hiscox SG case is the one for Juniors and Specials. @miserneil will be the man in the know, I suspect.
    Sorry chaps, late to this. Yes, the Hiscox SG case is the one for the DC Junior style guitars.
    Thanks, @miserneil ; - and the singlecuts too?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• DougDoug Frets: 172
    edited September 2018
    I was going to order the Hiscox SG case after many recommendations on here, yet went with the Thomann ABS case for my Gspb DC Special, a good snug fit/decent quality @£50ish delivered.