Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD - a very special special...

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
Ok, blown away by this one... absolutely blown away...

I had the pleasure of playing this guitar a couple of times... it is without doubt absolutely fuggin awesome... in every bloody respect!...

its an LP special lovingly hand built by Mr @customkits.

Now, I cannot stand anything Gibson put out, they feel wrong!... however this particular beast of a guitar uses the correct historic snail length... (still unsure as why snails are used, hope none were harmed in anyway)... it is proper vintage Gibson spec!... it plays unlike any modern LP I’ve owned, thrown out, borrowed, thrown out, etc standards, R8’s Murphy’s... all cack in comparison...

mojo p90’s... oh my giddy aunt, these things nearly destroyed my 5e3 at last nights gig!... monster sounding guitar!...

why am am I blown away?... apart from the bleeding obvious (looks, playability etc)... its been “donated” to me on permanent loan!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not have the words to describe how humbled I am by this!...

pics below, video to follow soon!

Peace out ladies!...

poopot x x x
0reaction image LOL 24reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Beautiful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolutely stunning. The absolute perfect marriage of colours/hardware/style with P90s to boot... I love it.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2939
    tFB Trader
    Nice, HGD !
  • HNGD - that look awesome :)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    I'm not an LP fan at all but boy does that one look ace.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3300
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    Thanks for the nice comments, i thought I'd go through my build idea with this. 

It's made with all light weight limba body and neck with a bubinga fretboard, it's got a traditional truss rod with the old fret scale, it changed after 1960 i think when they went modern scale length, it's also just a nod to a special as its actually got a normal LP long tenon because i didn't want the full 6mm lip alongside the fretboard in the cutaway

Anyway I'm pleased with how it turned out, I'm sure @poopot will give it a hammering 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • Haven’t contributed over on the headstock thread but I really dig this one. It’s got an elegance all of its own, that gives this build its own unique thing away from the heritage it clearly nods to. I love it (and want to try one).
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3300
    tFB Trader
    Haven’t contributed over on the headstock thread but I really dig this one. It’s got an elegance all of its own, that gives this build its own unique thing away from the heritage it clearly nods to. I love it (and want to try one).
    Hi no it's not a nod to a heritage what actually happened was i was trying to come up with an improvement for a traditional open book headstock and i wanted to straighten the strings out through the nut, if it resembles a heritage it wasn't intended, i think this was the 2nd version i did which widened it slightly to straighten the E strings better 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Love that! Lovely build and an elegant headstock shape. The logo script absolutely suits it. 
    Awesome.
  • That is lovely, I will bookmark this thread so if I have the cash in future, I know who to go to for a build. Great Job.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3262
    edited September 2018
    Haven’t contributed over on the headstock thread but I really dig this one. It’s got an elegance all of its own, that gives this build its own unique thing away from the heritage it clearly nods to. I love it (and want to try one).
    Hi no it's not a nod to a heritage what actually happened was i was trying to come up with an improvement for a traditional open book headstock and i wanted to straighten the strings out through the nut, if it resembles a heritage it wasn't intended, i think this was the 2nd version i did which widened it slightly to straighten the E strings better 
    I think any designer is limited somewhat by the expectations of 3 aside. Please take my comments as the compliment I meant them to be; you’ve taken the limitation (as it could be viewed) and made it a far better design. 
  • Love that!
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    So fucking nice!!!
  • Yes yes and thrice yes 

that’s lovely 
  • lovely guitar - Enjoy! 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I visited @poopot and played this guitar today while on a mission down south for the weekend. 
    It's beyond amazing to play and sounds even better.
    Well done mate.
    HNGD 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I loooooooooooooooooooooove custard.

Takes me right back to the halcyon days of getting loads of skin at school dinners.

:drool:
  • That is gorgeous. Tidy looking headstock too. Great guitar.
    HNGD.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited September 2018
    Did this earlier, just got a chance to upload it...

I love this bloody guitar

https://youtu.be/8GUJ6j8BEfE 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6720
    Hideous!  ;)

What a great instrument! Have a great time playing that @poopot. ;

And what a gorgeous build @customkits.