Credit where credit is due

What's Hot
teradaterada Frets: 5114
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if you're aware but some of us have recently bought some rather nice Gibson guitars ;) , and in the associated thread there has been much comment on the differing ways that various shops have handled the goldrush.

In particular, there has been some negativity surrounding the lack of weights and images provided online by GuitarGuitar, in comparison to other retailers. I myself was frustrated by the thought of a 'lucky dip' experience, but having purchased an R8 from them today, I can honestly say that while head office could have approached the sale more sensibly, the service I received in the Epsom branch was absolutely second to none.

Firstly, it was clear that the guys on the shop floor had been working flat out to make things as positive as possible for customers despite the online issues - moving stock between stores, taking pics and weights for customers only to have the guitar sold online before they have finished doing so - all with a positive and helpful attitude.

Secondly, I ended up putting a couple of deposits down on instruments, and was quickly provided with accurate pics and weights for each, regular communication about where the stock was with relevant timeframes for their instore ETA, and a no pressure approach on when I could come in to try them.

Thirdly, when I came to Epsom to try the guitars they had a room ready for me, with all the guitars already waiting. They offered me coffee, and let me play in a completely no pressure atmosphere for as long as I wanted. They also got extra guitars out for me multiple times without issue. I tried the guitars through various amps, all lugged in by the floor staff, and they were knowledgeable, and just easy to get along with.

I ended up leaving with a guitar that is just right for me, having had a completely positive experience. The guys on the shop floor - and in particular two of the staff that served me directly - were phenomenal.

Lastly, I also wanted to say a big thank you to @TTony and the mods that keep this site going. I would have had no idea of these deals if it weren't for this forum, and it has been good fun following  the thread as so many gorgeous guitars were delivered to members.

Thanks all

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Epsom were quite good with getting me photos of the ES 137 they had in stock, I have to say.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I may have gone slightly lucky dip, but all the while I had excellent communication with both the Newcastle store and their head office.

Guitar Guitar were excellent throughout, providing answers and photos despite being clearly overwhelmed by the response to the deal. 

Can't praise them highly enough. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    From the title I thought you might be giving credit to Gibson! Agree with GG praise, good service from them with a recent ES purchase.

Also think this episode proves the healthy market, appeal and allure of the Gibson brand despite all the online bashing they get. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Good to hear, and I also had great service recently from the online chat team. They're a big outfit but do a pretty decent job in my experience :)
  • Ive also had good dealings with the Epsom branch on a particular s/h vintage instrument they had in...

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    "Credit where credit is due" is particularly apposite advice for everyone who took out a 0% finance deal for the first time on this.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    Yep, same here. I was very impressed with Epsom GG last weekend. I sat on that very stool while trying the ES-330 that I bought last Saturday.
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 539
    Yep, no issues with GG service here.  I probably would have still bought from one of the other places had I decided to pull the trigger earlier, but everywhere else was out of stock at the time, but they were great. 
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020