SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Maybach Lester 59 Aged Honey Pie - 2017 model - Mint condition (I know it's aged LoL)

What's Hot
TheGASManTheGASMan Frets: 386
edited September 2018 in Guitars £
Hi All

I bought it new a couple of months ago - It is a 2017 model-

Carved Figured Maple Top, Set Mahogany Neck, Indian Rosewood Fretboard, Kluson Deluxe Tulip Tuners, Amber Spirit of 59 Humbuckers, Incl. Deluxe Case

Weight is 3.9kg or 8lb 9oz in real money

I have included a bunch of photos - a couple from the dealer and some of my own in different light to try and give an idea of what top really looks like and the ageing

FYI I bought a couple of R8s recently (Yes I succumbed) - So as good as the Maybach is it is surplus to requirements - It is still in reg tuning with 10s on it and plays very nicely - neck is very very slightly more of a D than a C shape and is comfortable and easy to play. I have set it nice and low, others may prefer a higher action and 11s which is easily changed (I will do this if required).

Flickr Album below

Price is £1175  £1075 (Just for the weekend) including postage or pickup -

Thanks for looking - I am in Kent just off J4 of M25

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• This is from the dealer - I have taken the sticker off and put it on back of scratchplate now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bargain price that for a cracking guitar. GLWTS 
  • Just added weight - 3.9kg or 8lb 9oz

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    How much better are the R8s, would you say? You can use what ever scale you see fit.
  • Better is not the word I would use - my description is gonna sound nonsense but it is how I think

The R8s play and feel like Gibson LPs, as they should - however they are IMO better than any Gibsons I have owned in past 20 years and I can actually enjoy playing them.
    The Maybach looks pretty much like a Gibson except for headstock and also sounds like a Gibson - however in my opinion it plays a little differently (Better/Easierif you want to use those words)
    The reason I am keeping the R8s and not the Maybach is that the R8s (IMO) don't play that much worse than the Maybach
    I would certainly have kept the Maybach over the previous Les Pauls I have owned as IMO they were not so pleasant to play
    I hope that makes some sense, but at the end of the day we all have different criteria that we judge by and also different thoughts going on in our head as to why we buy certain guitars
    Andrew

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    TheGASMan said:
    Better is not the word I would use - my description is gonna sound nonsense but it is how I think
    Don't worry, it was kind of a nonsense question. 

Just, a lot of people who had these "best thing you can get short of a Custom Shop Gibson" alternatives will now be shifting them on and I'm circling like a starving vulture trying to work out which one will be the guitar equivalent of first bite on a juicy eyeball.
  • Haha - makes sense - that's why I have priced it where I have - I think it's fair and lets face it if you have £3500 for an R9 you probably won't be interested in this
  • pruddprudd Frets: 662
    Surprised this is still here with that price tag.
  • Back up for sale now - no rush though as I have spent most of my money on another PRS so can't quite go for an R9 yet
  • For around a grand there’s no better Les Paul type out there imo.In the past year I’ve let two Huber Orcas a ‘79 Tokai les Paul Reborn and a Tom Anderson bulldog go but have held onto the Maybach. For those who not fussed about brands and labels these are fantastic guitars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Agreed
  • @armitaan @Dominic ;
    if it wasn’t similar colour to the LPs I would be keeping it. Ideally I’d love to swap for a black velvet or gold top
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3219
    edited September 2018
    If I had the funds I’d be all over this, stunning guitars and I’d say easily as good and usually better than any standard Lesters.
  • Bump -
  • Bump
  • Absolutely beautiful , if I hadn't bought one of the bargain Dirty Lemon R8's a couple of weeks ago, I would definitely had this. 
  • Price Drop just for weekend as I have something I want to buy - £1075
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom