Truss rod adjustments

SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
Do all truss rods adjust in the same direction? Allowing for access at the same end, obviously?

e.g. With access at the headstock behind the nut, and looking from the headstock down the neck to the body, is it safe to assume that to increase relief you would turn counter-clockwise regardless of make/model?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Snags said:
    Do all truss rods adjust in the same direction? Allowing for access at the same end, obviously?

e.g. With access at the headstock behind the nut, and looking from the headstock down the neck to the body, is it safe to assume that to increase relief you would turn counter-clockwise regardless of make/model?
    Yes, right to tight (straighten the neck) and left to loose
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7840
    Snags said:

No - most do, but some don't. You should be able to work out what's happening fairly quickly though.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • I presume you're talking guitar rather than bass, but just in case, for a short period Warwick used a reverse thread truss rod.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7074
    tFB Trader
    Maruszczyk does too.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    Yes, guitar. It's a Fenix tele. Just put new pickups in, and because I had some restrung it with 9s not 10s. They're sitting very low in the nut, and it feels like they're choking a bit around the 8th/9th fret, but the action is otherwise fine. Wanted to.give it a tiny bit more relief, play the strings to death, then go back to 10s as the 9s are a bit too spanky