Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gobsmacked by this guys extraordinary talent - Sultans of swing like you've never heard it before!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    As an individual I reserve the right to love that which I love, and leave the rest alone.

I left this player alone after 15 seconds....I hope my opinion doesn't damage him too much. 

On the other hand, I never count the time when I'm listening to this geezer...takes all sorts eh? 

[Bill Evans video]
    Now you're talking my language.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    x

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited September 2018
    Well guys, sometimes it's all about perceptions and perspectives. I've said my piece, folk have responded and said theirs which is fine - the responses are pretty much what I expected.  There's no point telling folk they've missed the point because it will just end up with counter comments/arguments & pointless going back & forth and there's no value to that for anyone.  I don't make a habit of it but on this occasion I genuinely felt strongly about something & posted it - now & again it's healthy to air these things and be damned.  But hey life's far too short and time to draw a line & move on.

But whether you love or hate what he does I still think he's a very, very talented guy and I'd give my left nut to have his skills.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285

Don't put yourself down @Voxman you're quite a tasty player.Your videos on YouTube where a big influence on me buying my Vox AC4tvh and cab many years ago.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • west said:
    west said:
    As an individual I reserve the right to love that which I love, and leave the rest alone.

I left this player alone after 15 seconds....I hope my opinion doesn't damage him too much. 

On the other hand, I never count the time when I'm listening to this geezer...takes all sorts eh? 

Bill !!  now were talking ;)  ...
    That's 2 of us who know who the bugger is...!! Hee Hee

Many will recognise the 1959 Kind of Blue reworking of this track- Flamenco Sketches, but here's the 1958 original Peace Piece...quite possibly one of my most re-visited pieces of music. Hope you enjoy it @West

superb !  i had some tuition with sid jacobs , best teacher ever ... do you know his book of bill , if not strongly recomend ..

cheers west ...

I've followed your recommendation, the book is on order. Thanks Pal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Its challenging and a work in progress ... most of the pieces are on youtube if you need a visual ref ; ...

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I think you've taken the responses here far to personally @Voxman. They are no reflection on you or your musical tastes they are simply represent differences in what guys prefer to hear. The examples of your own playing that youy have posted on the Fretboard have rightly received favourable comments from members. We are not a community that 'knocks things down' for the sake of it but we do have differing musical tastes.

I think maybe the particular problem here is the length of the posted videos. As others have said, a busker needs to grab attention constantly whereas passers-by rarely linger for long. His flamboyant playing is great in small doses but for some of us can become wearing when it goes on too long. It would be interesting to hear him in concert rather than busking to see whether he modifies his playing approach.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Jimbro66 said:

I think maybe the particular problem here is the length of the posted videos. As others have said, a busker needs to grab attention constantly whereas passers-by rarely linger for long. His flamboyant playing is great in small doses but for some of us can become wearing when it goes on too long. It would be interesting to hear him in concert rather than busking to see whether he modifies his playing approach.
    i get that ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)