Fender classic 60s Jazzmaster.

DanRDanR Frets: 1041
Ive fancied an offset for awhile split between the Jazzmaster and Jaguar.

Having played a few I’m kinda settled on the Jazzmaster.

What would people recommend?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Try them both. Some folks think they are the same guitar due to the offset body and switches but they are not. 

Smaller scale neck on the Jaguar and different pickups. I have had a few jags and always loved em, never having had a go on Jazzmaster till recently.  

Both really cool guitars but you really need to have a go on a few models. 
  • blueskunk said:
    Try them both. Some folks think they are the same guitar due to the offset body and switches but they are not. 

Smaller scale neck on the Jaguar and different pickups. I have had a few jags and always loved em, never having had a go on Jazzmaster till recently.  

Yeah this. They're actually very different in the hands and ears, once you A-B them. Jazzmasters are much smoother and "sustainy-er" (though still not in the way a Les Paul will ring almost forever). Jaguars are generally more "plinky" but sound amazing in the right context.

Both excellent, of course, but quite different. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I’ve played both and settled on the Jazzmaster for now.

Just unsure on all the models but the classic seems a good spec at £850
  • I didn’t try a Jazzmaster and went for a Jaguar, partly because if I was going to get something different to a Strat/Tele, I might as well get the “most different” (i.e. scale length), but also I was a bit in awe of what Johnny Marr has been doing with them recently.

£850 is a good price for them, they’ve been at £920 for a while, even creeping up over £1000. Lacquer finish, nice hard case, and US pickups - all great stuff. The only possible drawback is the lack of a lock button on the trem.
  • blueskunk said:
    Try them both. Some folks think they are the same guitar due to the offset body and switches but they are not. 

Yeah this. They're actually very different in the hands and ears, once you A-B them. Jazzmasters are much smoother and "sustainy-er" (though still not in the way a Les Paul will ring almost forever). Jaguars are generally more "plinky" but sound amazing in the right context.

Both excellent, of course, but quite different. 
    You've not played one with a mastery.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.