SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fender Player Strat (Mexican) - £349 delivered

CastroCastro Frets: 512
edited September 2018 in Guitars £
SOLD FOR £330

Here's an excellent mongrel, a 2018 buttercream Fender Player Stratocaster body, electrics and hardware with a 2006 Mexican Fender rosewood board neck.

I've had the neck for a while and when the Fender Player arrived from Coda with a maple board, I liked the guitar, but not enough. It sounded very thin and it looked anaemic inther flesh (or wood!) So I swapped out the neck for the rosewood board and that's what you see here. It's now a really excellent Strat.

The body is in immaculate condition and the neck is excellent too; the latter has had the lacquer sanded to make it super smooth and fast.

The Player Strat body is only a few months old and that guitar was £519. The 2006 neck is much better quality than the original maple board neck, which incidentally has gone to my son for a self-build he's in the middle of.

No case with this one but I'll include a basic gigbag plus the strap and it will be wonderfully packaged for safe delivery. So that's about £550 worth at what I trust is a fair £349.

I'm selling because, just a week ago for my birthday, my partner helped fund the purchase of a Custom Shop Postmodern Strat with Abby Ybarra pickups from World Guitars - my partner is a great woman!

PM me if you'd like the serial numbers for the body and neck.

Steve
Chippenham, Swindon or Hungerford should you wish to arrange collection.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Steve... what camera/lens are you using? Your photography is stunning!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    Cheers @Johnny333 ;

I have a Nikon D750 and I used two lenses: a 90mm Tamron close-up lens and a 28-120mm Nikon lens. The Tamron in particular is perfect for detail.

Mind you, it helps that it's a stonkingly good full-frame camera!

Steve
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5792
    Castro said:
    Cheers @Johnny333 ;

I have a Nikon D750 and I used two lenses: a 90mm Tamron close-up lens and a 28-120mm Nikon lens. The Tamron in particular is perfect for detail.

Mind you, it helps that it's a stonkingly good full-frame camera!

Steve
    Kinda have to nit pic and disagree with you here. 

That is a really great set of images but cameras don’t make good photographs any more than guitars make great music. It’s all down to you.