Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How much is all this worth?

What's Hot
Just been sent this by one of my friends, he's asked how much I would pay for this, and in all honesty, I don't know!!

I don't know how much Jaguars are worth, those boss pedals have got to be going for around £40-50 each?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Look on eBay for completed sold listings 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    American Jag? Japanese Jag? Year of make? These all indicate the price region.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14362
    tFB Trader
    Kitsune said:
    + case, tags, fret wear, condition etc
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    We have a classified section with all prices preserved. Do a search and you'll have a good idea. Roughly, tuner 30, compressor 50, delay 70, tremolo 50?
  • Kitsune said:
    I don't have any of that info unfortunately, and neither does he.
  • I’d say about £1100. 
    He just told me the guy wants £700 for the lot and the guitar is worth £1300.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    If it's a USA take it.  Pedals and case ought to be able to generate £250-£300 on their own
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Kitsune said:
    Look on the back of the headstock or the base of the neck (MIJ) for the serial no

• Kitsune said:
    Look on the back of the headstock or the base of the neck (MIJ) for the serial no

He sent the photo to me so I haven't got access to it, he didn't seem that interested in the pedals.
  • Looks like an American Professional. Is your mate being offered the lot for £700? That's suspiciously cheap. Coupled with the notable lack of info, I'd be concerned about its origins.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14362
    tFB Trader
    safe bet is if it has a solid case then USA otherwise MIJ - not set in stone but should give you some idea - Otherwise get teh serial number and that will give us confirmation

Looking at it again I think it is an American Pro which are around £1300 ish new
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jackobean said:
    Looks like an American Professional. Is your mate being offered the lot for £700? That's suspiciously cheap. Coupled with the notable lack of info, I'd be concerned about its origins.
    Yes for the guitar and the pedals. I don't think he wants it but I'm curious to know how much it'd fetch.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6111
    I’d say about £1100. 
    Spot on. 800 for guitar, 300 for pedals and case if you part them out.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1093
    edited September 2018
    Its an American standard alright, just looked up serial number after he sent me a pic. Starts US1609
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Its an American standard alright, just looked up serial number after he sent me a pic. Starts US1609
    It's an American Professional in sonic grey. About £1300 new. Less for a nicked second hand one; £700 including the Boss stuff is suspiciously cheap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3581
    So how come the guy selling it didn't know what it is?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll take the lot for £700

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Bargain
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2795
    Ah, but it does have a yellow plectrum