Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gustavsson Fullerblaster £2750 ono SOLD in less than an hour!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Crikey!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited September 2018
    Congrats - very nice.  Never heard of this make or seen one of these before - interesting take on a classic.  But very expensive!  Just did a quick search and these new (although you can specify the p/up layout you want) are $5600!   

https://www.destroyallguitars.com/amps/item/394-gustavsson-burgundy-fullerblaster
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    The neckplate really sells the whole thing to me, I know in the grand scheme of things it's a little detail with no consequence in terms of sound but it's the kind of thing that would make me smile every time I picked it up.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5271
    @prlgmnr its the little details that reveal the most..the colour of the hardware is perfect (IMO) in relation to the guitar and the fact that after building somethin so well, the laurels arent rested on and he can be arsed to do things like the neck plate...shows a lot of pride i think
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22875
    Very similar to the Fano neck plate, of course - I wonder who came up with it first?
  • That does look like an amazing instrument. Enjoy!!

Would be interested in you clarifying why you think this is the case;

'step up in quality from my Collings'
    well the playability seems better to me...the Gustavsson feels incredibly "right" in my hands anyway..playing is "effortless"..a lot of little moves i was doing well before have just become easier, the collings build quality is obviously as good as it probably gets, but IMO this guitar feels like its been around for a long and been played a lot..there seems to be a sense of familiarity 

I struggle to not sound like a pretentious twat  but it just feels like a more playable, smoother, more rounded, more mature guitar..@grappagreen
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Lovely that.
  • mgaw said:
    well the playability seems better to me...the Gustavsson feels incredibly "right" in my hands anyway..playing is "effortless"..a lot of little moves i was doing well before have just become easier, the collings build quality is obviously as good as it probably gets, but IMO this guitar feels like its been around for a long and been played a lot..there seems to be a sense of familiarity 

I struggle to not sound like a pretentious twat  but it just feels like a more playable, smoother, more rounded, more mature guitar..@grappagreen
    Cool - some guitars just do that for you and it's a great place to be. Glad you're happy with it!

Si
    now due to being a lunatic its for sale 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Oh now that’s rather jolly looking. GLWTS
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • donnerdonner Frets: 48
    Fuller blast, you name it!
  • Stunning.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    What a day to decide not to spend my time obsessively refreshing the Guitars For Sale page...