SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson Les Paul 1954 Reissue R4 with Humbuckers SOLD

hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1424
edited September 2018 in Guitars £

For sale is my Gibson Les Paul 1954 reissue with humbuckers in gloss finish. This is a guitar I swore I would never sell...but looks like I am finally going to to pay for my new R8/R9. It weighs in at 9.0lbs. This guitar has just the right amount of bass, mids and treble. There is no mud in the neck pickup, just a woody, clear neck pickup tone. The bridge pickup has lovely bite and is great for old Peter Green/Clapton stuff. Overall the tone of the guitar is full, deep and resonant with plenty of bite and warmth at the same time. The wraparound bridge sounds absolutely fantastic! It gives the guitar a slightly stronger attack and more resonance. This particular one intonates dam near perfectly too - far closer than my blackguard Tele does.

The neck is a full C shape profile measuring 0.921"/23.4mm at the first fret and 1.016"/25.8mm at the 12th fret. It does not have the fuller shoulders of some D shaped necks you find on Historic Les Pauls.

Overall I would say the condition is excellent to outstanding (9.5/10) with no breaks or cracks. The goldtop finish is beautiful and really shines. The rosewood fretboard is a gorgeous dark brown colour. The humbuckers really sing and the guitar is extremely resonant and toneful. This guitar has been kept it in its case and strings changed/guitar polished with the correct nitro-cellulose polish regularly. Includes original hard shell lifton type case and all the original paperwork.

£2195 PPG including free courier within the UK.

https://imgur.com/gallery/b20r2Cy

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments