SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

70's Gibson SG identification

What's Hot
Can anyone identify this SG?

It looks like a modified 73 special due to the first fret dot marker but that doesn't explain the bound neck and headstock.

73 specials had the half black/white binding on the neck and this has full white binding.
I can understand the pickups being routed for humbuckers, a batwing pickguard adding and the harmonica bridge changing to an ABR1. But having the neck and headstock bound seems unlikely.

I do know that the guitar was originally cherry red, then refinished in the 80's in white after a neck breakage.

Video: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Some pics
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This kind of binding in the headstock is the typical binding on the "guitar of the week" models.
  • That's interesting, I never thought of that. Do you have any example pics or info on these models? Cheersjaimebcn said:
    This kind of binding in the headstock is the typical binding on the "guitar of the week" models.