SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold!! Musicman Axis Tribute (20th Anniversary) in Trans Green Quilted Top - £1,300 o.n.o

What's Hot
CapeloCapelo Frets: 17
edited September 2018 in Guitars £
Hi everyone, 

I am considering selling my EBMM Axis Tribute in Trans Green. The Axis Tribute was a limited run issued by EBMM in 2011/12 to commemorate 20 years of the EVH model. Main similarities / differences to the EBMM Axis and EVH are:

- brown back (like the original prototype EVH
- cream binding (like the EVH and all stock Axis)
- maple neck and fretboard (same for all)
- one volume knob, marked VOLUME (not TONE like the EVH's had)
- pickup switch is in the Axis location (not the EVH location)
- new Music Man Floyd Rose with the pop-in bar (not the original Gotoh as on the EVH)
- trans finishes all had matching headstocks (same colours as the original EVH)
- hand stained tops (same as EVH) and not sprayed. Some Tributes have faded, as EVH were prone to (this the case of my guitar)

Here is a video from EBMM on the Tribute: http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOt6oFDZVT0

The guitar is in close to mint condition and has almost zero play wear. In fact, I took her for a set up a couple of months ago and the guitar tech asked me if I played it at all. Main reason for this is that I have two little kids and I never take her out of her case when they are around. So, only late night playing for this one. 

The only "imperfections" I can see are some light staining to the fretboard from playing (typical of unfinished maple boards) and a tiny mark in the back, which should come out if buffed. The original G&G case has a tear in a corner, but other than that is in good condition and still has some of the original case candy

Here are some pics of the guitar: http://http//s274.photobucket.com/user/EspSpain/library/EBMM%20Axis%20Tribute%20Gree

Only reason for selling it is that I prefer slightly wider and flatter necks (think Charvel San Dimas/So Cal). Everything else in the guitar is perfect for me, sounds, built quality, trem, aesthetics...

Price: £1,300 or near offers (including P&P for mainland UK)

Trades wise, I am mostly into USA made superstrats, so at least one bridge HB (or routed for one) and trem (two-point vintage or FR OK), NO pointy headstocks, "loud" colours preferred, but not essential. So, basically something like:

- Suhr Classic Pro HSS

- Suhr S pro-series 

- Suhr Modern pro-series, strong preference for HH config.

- USA Charvel (already have a MIJ): Pro-Mod, USA Select or CS

- Others? 

Please do not hesitate to PM me with any questions or if additional pictures are needed

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• "A city star won’t shine too far"

• @mudslide73 ; thanks a lot for fixing it! Clearly technology and I are not best friends yet  ;)
  • F**k me....

That's bootiful!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump, with updated trade suggestions. 

Feel free to make me an offer (PMs only, please), will try to revert as quickly as possible
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3098
    edited September 2018
    How is this still here?... looking at it for too long makes me feel kinda funny
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Still as stunning as I remember .. 
  • @mudslide73 and @JMP220478 many thanks for the compliments!

She is indeed a beautiful axe and plays as good, if not better, as she looks. 

I have bought/sold my fair share of guitars over the years (mild GAS syndrome =) ), but she is the only one that always stayed
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks faded in the pic - the greens were rich forest green when new. Did the Tributes suffer the same way as the original stained EVHs, particularly the purple and black models?
  • @SickSquid that’s correct. As per my first post, the tops on the Trtibutes are hand stained (as were the EVH’s) and tend to fade over time just the same

Mine has certainly faded, despite spending most of its time in a case and having little to no exposure to sunlight 

Color wise, my Tribute was never as dark as forest green, but more like a strong slime green
  • Price dropped to £1,300. Still open to both offers and trades