Two Notes Load Boxes

What's Hot
ash96ash96 Frets: 61
Right, So I've had enough of the Kemper, Its a great unit obviously, I just dont have the patience and I love amps!

I'm thinking about getting something like the Two Notes units to record at home. Taking the signal from the head, then using IR's for the cabs. I went to a Pete Thorn Demo where he was using the Suhr Reactive Load box yesterday and it all sounded awesome and seemed easy.

I was pretty set on just getting one of those, but looking at the Two Notes ones, they kinda do a similar thing, yet work as an attenuator between head and cab as well, which would be super useful as I've just bought a Matchless which is nearly too loud to use live! Having the option of some attenuation would make it well worth the expense.

Anyone use these? If so how well do they work as both a load box for recording, and an attenuator for live?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3311
    You were at GG, Epsom yesterday? So was I and hubobulous from this manor :) Good, wasn't it?

Sorry, I can't help on your question but I must say, that Suhr Reactive Load Box and the Suhr ACE really were a stellar combination and both would come in for around £700

I'd be interested to see what you settle on, especially if it does the job well and comes in at a lower price than the above and Two Notes stuff.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I have a UA OX and it is beyond wonderful - expensive but the best bit of kit I've bought In years. Recorded sound and headphone practice has been transformational. And no dicking about with IR's in DAW's, which I find about as much fun as I did loading computer games via cassette tape in the 80's.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Haha I was indeed! I was one of the people who came in a touch late (drove up from Brighton and forgot about the roadworks on the A23).

They did sound great together, you're right. I also thought the Celestion IR's sounded awesome too, which might be a cheaper option than the Ace (at least to start with).

I'm currently looking at the Two Notes Captor at the moment, which is £199 - LINK

Seems to do a similar thing to the Suhr one, but comes with a bunch of IR's for recording, and also has some you can load / are build into the unit (for live) and then will also be a -20db attenuator for the amp. Which sounds like it ticks all the boxes!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3311
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Ash and the Captor looks very good and reasonable, too, and the Celestion IRs were good-sounding

Do you or @hubobulous remember what it was that featured his modelled Suhr PT100 amp? Was it within Logic?

Good luck with your quest
    edited September 2018
    Kebabkid said:
    Thanks Ash and the Captor looks very good and reasonable, too, and the Celestion IRs were good-sounding

Do you or @hubobulous remember what it was that featured his modelled Suhr PT100 amp? Was it within Logic?

Good luck with your quest
    I'm pretty sure thats a plugin within Universal Audio, which make the interface. They've got a bunch of plugins which include some of the ones he was using on the mastering bus etc.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/guitar-bass/suhr-pt100-amplifier.html
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2902
    edited September 2018
    I had a Captor for a little while and it did the job very well. I ended up sending it back as I found the whole process and setup of having to run it into my interface then through IRs a bit messy. I know it's only a few cables but I don't like clutter I find it more convenient to just go straight into my interface then Amplitube and still get some decent tones through headphones. Would like to try the UA OX but it's a bit out of my league price wise.

This was a quick test recording I did with some generic playing through my Mini Jubilee, I think this was with the free Redwirez greenback IRs (line out from the captor with no cab sim from that) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fem93ifo9w934i/2525.mp3?dl=0
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I had the captor and it is great for the cash, but like @TTBZ I found it a faff then going into IRs. The built in abolish cab sim is passable in a pintch
  • I have a Captor and love it.  I generally use it for at home going straight into Logic Pro X and I use the Two Notes software that comes with it for the cabs.  I haven't used it live so couldn't help there but would also be interested in hearing if anyone has, especially using the in built cab setting (Brit amp) straight into a PA.  I think it offers a lot of options for the money!
    All I'm really looking for it to do is A) for recording, and B) as a bit of an attenuator for my amp / Cab live.
    The Suhr one that Pete Thorn was using sounded awesome, and if It worked as a bit of an attenuator too I'd have been all over it!

Anyone selling a captor? haha
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7477
    I had a Torpedo ReLoad and it was brilliant 
    Red ones are better.