Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Recent and prospective R8/R9 buyers - a few tips on setup

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I have a very old set which I got from Halfords for setting spark plugs gaps on an old car!  They're this kind of thing:

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-feeler-gauge-metric-and-imperial-16-blades

You can probably get them even cheaper off eBay etc, but at least you know what you're looking for now  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm dubious about the major stores that state they check set ups on guitars before sending them out.  World Guitars used to say this but when i bought a brand new Les Paul Custom in 2015 it clearly had not been even looked at.  When I spoke with Jeff he said must have been transit ...... =)
    I would agree that the big boys seem to just put them out on display straight from the shipping box with no checks at all. I

I've had good experience with World Guitars though. I've brought 4 guitars from them over the past couple of years and all were setup perfectly as was a Collings I brought from Guitars4You and a PRS from Sound Affects.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom