Wishful pricing..

LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
Was browsing the interwebs and came across this used Yamaha ERG121:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Erg-121/222801666917?hash=item33e003a365:g:OhUAAOSwUH5aYP0O

And i though wow.. i must have got a great bargain since i picked up a used one a while ago for £20... 

So i looked a bit further..

ebay prices on these: £50, £40, £59, £80, £40, £50 etc
New prices on these: £209, £184, £214.20 - These are packs with amp etc.

It's not like its a rare guitar, or even fondly remembered? How can he possibly imagine £250 is a good price!? 

Hmm.. to be fair he does say it's in perfect condition.. and reading between the lines i think it might say that "this axe plays like butter"
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Crikey... I mean, he's put a lot of exclamation points in the description. Maybe each of those is worth another £50...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    LuttiS said:
    Was browsing the interwebs and came across this used Yamaha ERG121:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Erg-121/222801666917?hash=item33e003a365:g:OhUAAOSwUH5aYP0O

And i though wow.. i must have got a great bargain since i picked up a used one a while ago for £20... 

So i looked a bit further..

ebay prices on these: £50, £40, £59, £80, £40, £50 etc
    New prices on these: £209, £184, £214.20 - These are packs with amp etc.

It's not like its a rare guitar, or even fondly remembered? How can he possibly imagine £250 is a good price!? 

Hmm.. to be fair he does say it's in perfect condition.. and reading between the lines i think it might say that "this axe plays like butter"
    It’s an awful price, I remember seeing these packs with the Amp (as you mentioned) from Soho Soundhouse advertisements ages ago.  From memory they were under £200 then.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Yep, they are the classic Argos starter pack guitar.. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    They're astounding value for money given the quality and features, but the fact is that you can buy one new for less than he's asking.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I tried to sell one for £35 on eBay some time ago and got no takers. They’re not a badly built little guitar and would make a reasonable modding platform. I’ll be amazed if that one sells at the price being asked.
  • The one I bought for £20 must be a bargain of the year:p
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.