Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What a Bitch! Nothing 'sweet' about trying to learn the guitar solos for this classic!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Voxman said:
    johnl said:
    Sort of a shame that @LesbianWithAGun was banned really. Now that the forum is entirely R8s and Slash riffs he'd have been in his element.....
    Damn! That's my fantasy blown - I thought 'she' was a real lesbian! chica

proggy said:

Have you thought about getting a top hat?

If it doesn't help to improve your playing you might be able to use it to conjure something up.

Yeah, but then I'd have to play my LP down by my knees...not a good look for a shorty like megrin!

I know that feeling @Voxman I've got turn ups in my boxers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • i use my zoom g3 for occasional pitch shifting. we do most things like that in E, but i depped for a band a couple of weeks ago snd they did SCOM and Black velvet in the original Eb so rather than relearn it in another key i had a pitch shift setting for that.-1 tone They also did hard to handle in C rather than the original B so i had another pitch shifter setting for +a tone. my g3 was worth its weight in gold that night just for that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We have a girl singer for this one and cover the Sheryl Crow Woodstock version.
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2364

There is some SCoM tab in this video at about 02:30.

Cheers,

Ddig

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 537
    Ddigger said:

There is some SCoM tab in this video at about 02:30.

Cheers,

Ddig

Cheers for that one. Looks like a decent channel - yours? Subbed either way
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10210
    The only way to learn something is to slow it right down, get it at 50% and slowly speed it up to 60, then when you’ve got that, to 70, and so on. You’ll get it much quicker that way.

Good luck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    This is my attempt. I use fewer notes and not necessarily in the right order.

• DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2364

Telemaster - not my site (I wish!).  For sure it is one of the better ones.

Ddig

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Sometimes not learning things note for note is an excuse for not being able to play it, technical-wise. I don't mean that in an arsey way (definitely not!!!) but I always find it rewarding finding things out by ear, understanding what scales are lying under the chords and being able to technically handle the piece. I'm cool with improvising parts as long as I know I'm not making excuses for myself!
    Yep, funny when you see bands saying "we play it our way" which translates into "couldn't be arsed to learn it properly" - at least I admit I'm too shit and lazy :) probably why I prefer playing originals - nobody can tell you it's wrong if you wrote it yourself ;)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10210
    Ddigger said:

Telemaster - not my site (I wish!).  For sure it is one of the better ones.

Ddig

You can get Guitar Pro on trial for a month and then download the guitar pro midi files. its an amazing tool. 

You can can also use Reaper, import the song and slow it down and it’ll keep its pitch. 

You can use the Tab Pro tab option on Ultimate-Guitar (just ignore the forums, trust me) and slow it right down right there on the site. You can even do that on your phone if you have the sites app.

The third option is the easiest. Give it a go. :)