Comments

• Anyone notice Slash uses the same botox doctor as Simon Cowell?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • First guitar I think of when I think of Slash, a Firebird 
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 641
    I think it's a good guitar, I am a fan of Firebirds and own one myself. Not everyone's cup of tea aesthetically or ergonomically but I get on with it. 

I like the Slash Firebird too, however I would probably like it more if it wasn't a Slash sig if that makes sense. If they had just released it as a 'normal' addition to their line up. A mahogany body, maple cap, Seymour Duncan pickups, orange drops, Switchcraft electronics and a proper reverse headstock, sounds great to me. Just pitch it at £500 instead of £750 and take the name off it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    edited September 2018
    Saw it in the latest Epi product email, I think it looks interesting, if not immediatley associated with the Slashster...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a signed one up for grabs here:

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/epiphone-limited-edition-slash-firebird-premium-outfit-translucent-black/917298

You get Slash's signature and numbering on the back of the headstock along with a strap and hard case for the extra £300. Also there's only 100 signed ones as opposed to 900 unsigned ones.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £1099 for an Epiphone. No thanks signed or not 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd rather have one of those single pickup Bonamassa Firebirds given the choice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16778
    Good to see the proper banjo tuners are being used.  It gives much better string alignment than when they try and put normal tuners on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    Good to see the proper banjo tuners are being used.  It gives much better string alignment than when they try and put normal tuners on.
    I liked those Steinberger ones too, same benefits but less bulk & mass up there.
  • I'd rather have one of those single pickup Bonamassa Firebirds given the choice. 
    Yep, I still kick myself for not grabbing one of the sunburst ones while they were (briefly) going cheap!
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    "Sprague capacitors" as a headline lol
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I'd rather have one of those single pickup Bonamassa Firebirds given the choice. 
    Yep, I still kick myself for not grabbing one of the sunburst ones while they were (briefly) going cheap!
    Funnily enough I wanted a gold one.
    Mind you I want the Brent Hinds V as well
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16778
    edited September 2018
    WezV said:
    I liked those Steinberger ones too, same benefits but less bulk & mass up there.
    I am fitting some to my fanned fret Firebird.  I think they are my 3rd set now.  They are much better, but not easy to get, although the banjo style where also unavailable for a long time so the steinbergers were the only option 
  • DrBob said:
    I'd rather have one of those single pickup Bonamassa Firebirds given the choice. 
    Funnily enough I wanted a gold one.
    Mind you I want the Brent Hinds V as well

As would I!!! I wouldn't say no to the gold one either to be fair, I think you & I should just bite the bullet and become neighbours so that we can share a collection. It'd make things much easier :D
  • Kind of tempted to get the signed one....
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom