BKP ‘Mules’, Creamery ‘59s......or?

What's Hot
I’ll be changing pickups in an LP soon, and have always just thought that when I upgrade humbuckers, that Mules were the best way forward.

I’ve known of The Creamery for ages, but only recently bothered listening to the actual sounds of the pickups...and I was blown away by the ‘59s.

Are there any others I should consider that are in the same vein as this?
I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5292
    OX4 make some nice pickups
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1487
    I have BK Black Dogs on one LP and PG Blues on a goldtop.  Depending on what sound you are after, for blues and rock, they are excellent, though for a straight PAF, the Mules are good.  Monty's have the reputation of being the best PAF clone, but since I haven't tried them, I don't know how they sound.

Wizz make a great Paul Kossoff set, which I love, being a massive Free fan.  There are many varieties on PAF's, I'm sure that Oil City and Mojo have some great ones too, but again, I haven't tried them.  I'm sure someone who has will give you more info.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1282
    I have BK PG Blues in a Les Paul and Oil City Beanos in a Heritage 535. If I was after another set of PAFalikes I’d be straight on to Ash at Oil City. Talk to @TheGuitarWeasel ;
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    Try mojo pickups too, there's lots of flavours with all this stuff and none are the best just what you like the sounds of,  I've had montys, bk mules which i had the neck rewound and came back bloody fantastic, night and day difference and mojo pafs, both his low wind and beast bucker spec, they both sound spot on but others will have a different opinion

Listen to alot of clips 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Try mojo pickups too, there's lots of flavours with all this stuff and none are the best just what you like the sounds of,  I've had montys, bk mules which i had the neck rewound and came back bloody fantastic, night and day difference and mojo pafs, both his low wind and beast bucker spec, they both sound spot on but others will have a different opinion

Listen to alot of clips 
    What do you mean by “had the neck rewound?”
    I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.
  • OX4 rollin man, Oil city PAT 63's, BKP Mules - all amazing in a LP for a PAT like pickup :)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    Try mojo pickups too, there's lots of flavours with all this stuff and none are the best just what you like the sounds of,  I've had montys, bk mules which i had the neck rewound and came back bloody fantastic, night and day difference and mojo pafs, both his low wind and beast bucker spec, they both sound spot on but others will have a different opinion

Listen to alot of clips 
    What do you mean by “had the neck rewound?”
    Yes sent it off to shed pickups to have it rewound because i thought it sounded rubbish, clear as mud to me and very bass heavy
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • Mojo pickups for the win

Dimarzio paf pro/Fred's aren't bad at all
    And even the Seymour Duncan 59 set are good. 
    Bkp... I've not been that impressed personally but I haven't played them all
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    Seymour Duncan Vintage Blues sound terrific in my semi hollow clean or over driven.
  • I've replaced my BKP Mules with Wizz Premium Clones.. much happier now.. :)
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Bulldog PAFs are excellent, don't discount Seymour Duncan either - their 59s and Pearly Gates humbuckers are top notch too.