Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Q418C - Mike builds an amp and tries not to die // 5E3 build now in progress!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27082
    edited January 2019
    Minor update, aka "I plugged a Les Paul in at 3pm and gave it some beans" 

It's fine

Seems my gentle noodling the other day just wasn't quite the right volume settings, and I wasn't digging in hard enough. If I keep the Normal Vol on 3, but put Bright up to 5 and dig in it's got *plenty* of chewy tweedy bliss

Now I need to switch off and not play for several hours in case my downstairs neighbours complain! Going to look at attenuators... L-pad enough?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27082
    One final update. The Celestine Blue, while completely lovely sounding, was also way too loud for an apartment, even with power scaling on minimum.

So this week I ordered a Jensen and fitted it yesterday. Everything is still loud, but more manageable, and still sounds really good. It does need to break in a little but that shouldn’t be a huge issue. I think I’ll chuck an L-pad at it as well and it’ll plenty controllable. Most importantly it sounds really really great with a Klon set dirty - the first time I’ve been really happy with that used as anything other than a clean boost. Reeeeeally nice.

I also took some more pics while I had it open :) 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom