A Brief History of Electric Guitar Distortion

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    57Deluxe said:
    lots of errors in this - or has been over-simplified for sake of timing. BUT The Maestro Fuzz Unit was originally marketed to emulate Brass and woodwind sections/instruments in the studio cheaply.

Yeah to be honest I was expecting a much longer video - doubt there's really anything in that that most guitar players (or music people in general) didn't already know.

To be fair, from the intro it does seem aimed at people who aren't involved in the world of guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2612
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    thegummy said:
    57Deluxe said:
    lots of errors in this - or has been over-simplified for sake of timing. BUT The Maestro Fuzz Unit was originally marketed to emulate Brass and woodwind sections/instruments in the studio cheaply.

Yeah to be honest I was expecting a much longer video - doubt there's really anything in that that most guitar players (or music people in general) didn't already know.

To be fair, from the intro it does seem aimed at people who aren't involved in the world of guitars.

Yes that's why its called a Brief history..  Not an in depth history     I just thought its a nice intro for someone who doesn't know much about it without being too overly complex..  It was only when I joined a forum that I really started learning about this sort of stuff so I posted it for people who don't know. Before I joined a forum all I knew about guitars was how to play one (and that is still a questionable statement ).

• Rabs said:
    thegummy said:
    57Deluxe said:

Yes that's why its called a Brief history..  Not an in depth history  :)   I just thought its a nice intro for someone who doesn't know much about it without being too overly complex..  It was only when I joined a forum that I really started learning about this sort of stuff so I posted it for people who don't know. Before that all I knew was how to play one (and that is still a questionable statement ;) ).

Well I enjoyed it :+1: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Rabs said:
    thegummy said:
    57Deluxe said:

Yes that's why its called a Brief history..  Not an in depth history     I just thought its a nice intro for someone who doesn't know much about it without being too overly complex..  It was only when I joined a forum that I really started learning about this sort of stuff so I posted it for people who don't know. Before I joined a forum all I knew about guitars was how to play one (and that is still a questionable statement ).

Certainly no offence meant to yourself for posting it Rabs, think I just got my hopes up that it would be a lengthy geekfest I'd have to watch in parts. But you're right, with that title I was foolish to expect that lol
    I wonder if anyone has recorded an Impulse Response using a cab with a speaker that's been slashed with a razor or stabbed with a pencil.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    terada said:
    There are loads of interesting vids on that channel - you've sent me n a bit of a youtube journey! 

Currently watching one on the Yamaha DX7
    Can you do that on a tiny LCD display?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom