Is there something odd about this?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3602
Serial suggests 2013, Fender doesnt recognise the serial but guitar dater does. Im not sure, large headstock would suggest 70's? Two string trees? its not a classic series or something is it? But it doesnt have vintage style tuners..

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fender-mexican-stratocaster-electric-guitar-must-go-/1314496746

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    2013 mex 70's reissue?
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    edited September 2018
    Looks like a second generation Mexican Deluxe series from that year - there was the Lonestar (HSS), Roadhouse (SSS with active mid boost) and a regular SSS model too (I think?). If it's stock they have Texas Special pickups, 9.5" fingerboards, medium jumbo frets, 22 frets etc. Bodies and trems are the same as Mexican Std's, it's the other appointments which make them 'Deluxe'. I had a Lonestar, it was a decent player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3602
    Didn't the Deluxe have Gold hardware? Formally called a Superstrat or something like that?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • First generation Mex Deluxe had vintage style gold hardware, ash bodies/transparent finishes, Torty pickguards, Vintage Noiseless pickups, 50's/60's headstock and spaghetti logo with additional 'deluxe series' decal. Ran from late nineties until (very approx) 2010.

Second generation are what I described in my first response.

Then updated again in 2016 - current spec is a mish-mash of the previous specs, plus two point trem, locking tuners and contoured heal.

Hope that helps.