2018 Les Paul Gold Top Classic - P90's - any views?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DB1 said:
    Yes, good points, thanks. Being a 'bedroom' player, I tend to play sitting down, so not so much of an issue, but definitely worth noting, and I think 'try before you buy' could be a sensible approach. 
    I see Rich tone have posted the weights of the black and Pelham blue models. You can see from those how much it can vary.

If I was you I'd note the serials of the light and heavy ones and see if they make a difference to you when testing. Even if you don't care it might help a sale having a light one when you get bored!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If budget will stretch imo you won’t find better than the Tokai LS1 R4 

https://www.faberguitar.com/Tokai-LS1-R4-GT-Reborn-Old_1

Prices have gone up (got mine new for 1800). Absolutely killer guitar in every respect. Super vital sounding and a proper chunky neck and mine is under 9 lbs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Well spotted, sir, good advice. 
    Call me Dave.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I’ve got the 2017 Classic and they are knockout. I didn’t like the 57 Classics, so mine has a set of Lollar Imperials in. It’s made it an amazing guitar.
  • I bought the 2018 Classic goldtop and really like it. I tried two out, one was just under 10lb, but the one I kept is 9lb 2.
    I had them both on the 14 day home approval thing from the same dealer (very helpful and fully understanding)'and got my setup guy to take a good look and give me his opinion on the build quality etc as he knows what to look for way more than me when it comes to the details. 
    Still, I thought both were good guitars, tonally the heavier one was a bit fuller maybe, but it wasn't quite as well put together, nothing drastic though.
    Good sounding P90s that beat out other P90s I've had.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2610
    tFB Trader

DB1 said:
    I would like a  Gold TopLP with P90's and was dribbling over the 1968 example at @ATB_Guitars but it's a little outside the scope of my piggy bank at the moment, without selling vital organs, preferably not mine, obviously. The 2018 model looks nice, but I'm no Les Paul expert, so - good, bad or indifferent? I should say that I am a P90 fan. Cheers

Did you see this latest deal.  Obviously not a Goldtop but what a price (£999)

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/gibson_usa_les_paul_classic_2018_ebony/?platform=hootsuite

https://i.imgur.com/WKyGzUp.jpg

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    I did Rabs, and - as you say - what a price, but I would like the Gold Top. Currently there's a '68 original floating my boat and  an R6 from 2001. Obviously there's a bit of a price difference....

I love Keith Wyatt's playing and I see he has a '54 reissue. So many choices, so little money. 
    Call me Dave.